Sign in to follow this  
OwenSpall94

Powering steering problem

OwenSpall94

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forms.

I am having a problem with my power steering on my polo 9n3 2008, 1.4 TDI. I got into my car tonight and the light was on my dash. I had no powering steering what so ever.

I got a friend to plug in a diagnosis machine and the the machine said electrical fault (can't remember the actual wording of the fault code)

Has anyone had this problem or having any input to help me solve the problem

dixy

Check the fuses at the battery, they are a thin metal type which VERY commonly crack, it's hard to see so undo the bolts and take it off. No doubt it will break in half when you touch it. Replace it with the same rated one.

Also check the metal stud coming from the main live cable, this can sheer it's threads from vibration.

Also, getting the exact fault code will help pin point the problem, other wise you will just be randomly trying things and this gets expensive and will make you hate your car.