Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Blyton Park Track - Saturday 25th July 2015

mark_crox

These are the standard times for everything but I've requested confirmation of these.

Sign on from 7:30,

Briefing 8:30,

Sighting laps 9:00,

Lunch 12:30,

Finish 17:00

Please bring your driving licence without it you will not be allowed on track. Its also sometimes useful if you have a road car to bring your MOT and Insurance. Now I haven't been asked for these for many years but I know sod's law the time I don't bring them they might want to see. I'm not sure why but you never know.

If you haven't got a helmet then there are some available and they are £10 to hire for the day.
Bring some spare oil and a small set of tools but there will be people about if you get stuck or need help with something.

Normally its no shorts/t shirts/sandals so Jeans and long sleeve top. Again sometimes people are ok with T-Shirts in tin tops but Lydden Hill didn't like it. And if you want to pax lap in a open-top car you need them. So bring a hoodie or something.

Have you got enough meat on your brake pads?

Is it leaking oil/coolant/fuel from somewhere?

Do all the lights work?

Are the wheel bearing ok?

Do you have enough tread on your tyres?

If any of these are questionable get them sorted out now. There is more than enough time and some of these might mean you will not be allowed on track your car will be under much more stress than driving quickly on the road so any problems you know about now can magnify as soon as you do a couple of laps.

Finally it is not a race... let me repeat it.. its not a race. There are no prize giving, no 1st, 2nd, 3rds. No fastest car of the day. There are only 2 aims of the day, to have fun and go home with you and your car in 1 piece. Yes this is a time where you can explore you and your cars ability in a 'relativity' safe environment but accidents do happen so drive safely. If you are getting a bit of red mist cause the car in front won't let you pass slow down to make a gap or come in and rest a bit. If someone continues to not let you pass. come in and have a word with the marshals. There will be plenty of track time for everyone and I would recommend keeping to about 10/15min sessions and then come in and rest the car and yourself but it is open pitlane you go out whenever/how often as you would like.

Also if you see a little MX5 catching you looking to get by then wait till a safe spot (will be highlighted in the briefing), indicate and let them by. There will be lot's of similarly paced cars out there so there will be times where you can have some fun with another car but be sensible!

Sorry if you think I've gone a bit OTT but I really just want everyone to have a fun but safe day!

Any questions please let me know! :smile:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark_crox

• B-shaw

• kwijibo_coupe

• Tav

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good track to go to. Here is a video from a couple of years ago playing with a westy.

Club Polo 2015 Track Day at Blyton Park Some of you have been to Blyton before but if you haven't Blyton is a great circuit for all driver abilities with a mix of fast straights and corner sec

well got MOT Just sorting alignment, And try and cure this oil leak. Still need to get a few miles under my belt to then change the oil lol

Posted Images

mark_crox

:

Dear Drivers
Many thanks for choosing to attend the Blyton Park track day event on the 25th July 2015. This final instruction should contain everything you will need to know for the event.

Please be aware we are NOT a Mazda only track day company and this is not a Mazda exclusive day.

Itinerary
Signing On 8.00 Briefing 8.30 Start Driving 9.00 Lunch 12.30 - 13.30 End Driving 17.00.
The event will be run in open pit lane format.
For afternoon sessions sign on during lunch at 13.00 or before. A briefing time will be given to you then.
Please ensure you read and adhere to the 7 point checklist below before commencing your journey to the circuit
1) Bring your driving license - both the plastic and paper parts (please note that an MSA race license is not an acceptable substitute)
2) Make sure your car complies with any noise restrictions at the venue (105dB)
3) Ensure your car is fit for the purpose intended; this includes brake, tyre, suspension and steering checks
4) Fit your towing-eye prior to joining the circuit
5) Bring suitable clothing as covered arms & legs are required at all times on the track
6) Slicks are not permitted on cars without adequate rollover protection
7) No hand-held cameras are permitted - any cameras need to be securely mounted in the car
Additional Requirements
The primary requirements are that all drivers and passengers read and complete a Track Day Declaration and Indemnity form, available at the circuit, and that anyone going out onto the circuit wears a helmet. Helmets are available to hire at £10 per day.
There will be a compulsory safety briefing at 8:30AM. There will be another briefing 1 hour later and an afternoon briefing if required.
Additional Drivers and Passengers
All drivers and passengers have to read and complete the Track Day Declaration and Indemnity before going out onto the circuit. Spectators are welcome. Children under 16 years must be supervised at all times.
Additional drivers are £25 and passengers are £10. Both can be paid for on the day.
Directions
Blyton Park is situated 1 mile from Blyton village on the B1205. If you approach from Blyton, the gates are on your left and there is clear BPDC signage. Drive through the gates and proceed slowly down the bumpy concrete. Follow the road round past the Grass Track on your left. The Circuit is about half a mile down the perimeter track next to the large barn, race control and paddock Club House.
Petrol
Fuel is not available at the circuit. Circuit staff will be able to advise where the nearest filling station is however we recommend you fill your tank prior to arriving at circuit.
Garages
None available
Tuition
Tuition is available at £25 for a 20 minute session, this can be paid for on the day. For a half day tuition the cost is £150 and £250 for the full day, please book these in advance.
Insurance
Contact Phil Barnard at REIS on 0115 988 2747 for track day insurance cover. Mention you are doing a Mazda on Track day at Blyton Park. (note track day insurance is not mandatory to participate and we do regard Blyton as one of the safest circuits).
Tyres
If you have a specific tyre requirement or just wish to discuss tyres in general please contact Nick at MOT Motorsport on 0781 800 3267 in advance of the event.
Contact Us
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us either by e-mail or phone. Many thanks for choosing Mazda on Track and Performance Trackdays and see you on 25th July 2015!
Kind Regards

Nick Dougill
Director
Performance Trackdays
2, The Langlands,
Hampton Lucy,
Warwickshire
CV35 8BN

+44 (0) 1789 770396
+44 (0) 781 800 3267
www.mazdaontrack.co.uk

nick.dougill@mazdaontrack.co.uk#

Indemnity 2014.pdf

physicsfool

Point (6) of the 7 point check list, is adequate rollover protection a roof or does it have to be some sort of cage? Just thinking in terms of soft tops

mark_crox

To me slicks are just that, slick race tyres not road legal track day tyres. So if you are running A048's or R888 then I don't believe there is an issue but if you are running full slicks the a adequate roll over protection would in my mind be a roll cage.

jonPDpolo

Tempted but doubt the red shed would survive the drive up there, a track battering then the drive back :lol:

kwijibo_coupe

Go on Jon, you know you want to!

• Like 1

haha come on Jon!
I'm quite excited now, this is my 1st proper track day. Done the Ring and hillclimb at RR gathering, but I expect this to be quite different.
I expect at least one thing to break on the clio :lol:

Just booked Travelodge, went for the cheapest one, its about 16 miles out. Doncaster M18/M180, postcode DN8 5GS
Might have space, if someone wants to share. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of others.

Hi guys,

I've been invited to this by Toby (B-shaw). I don't own a Polo (or a VW for that matter), I own a Civic Jordan. It's currently away having some work done (nothing serious, should be back in a week). As I've not done a track day before I'd be interested in the free tuition available. It's pretty well set up for fast road/track use now (wouldn't mind a second set of wheels with some more track focused tyres) which I'm sure Toby will give his input on. Hopefully there is space for me and I'm prepared to take some Honda banter haha

• Like 2

Ready for the track day, but there's something wrong with my ibiza. It's not leaking oil, even though it's got plenty in.

mark_crox

Hi guys,

I've been invited to this by Toby (B-shaw). I don't own a Polo (or a VW for that matter), I own a Civic Jordan. It's currently away having some work done (nothing serious, should be back in a week). As I've not done a track day before I'd be interested in the free tuition available. It's pretty well set up for fast road/track use now (wouldn't mind a second set of wheels with some more track focused tyres) which I'm sure Toby will give his input on. Hopefully there is space for me and I'm prepared to take some Honda banter haha

Hello.. :)

Tuition is well worth it.. I'll speak to Nick and try to get it sorted.:)

As for tyres then yes they make a hell of a difference but they really are not needed so don't worry if you can't get anything sorted.

• Like 1
mark_crox

Ahh here's a question... who needs to rent a helmet? There are some available but I would totally recommend buying your as you can get them for £50 and then you at least you know its your sweat! :-D

jamiedub

does it have to be a specific helmet ? any regulations

I've got crosser helmets/full faces but no Motorsport helmets.

Hi guys,

Hello.. :)

Tuition is well worth it.. I'll speak to Nick and try to get it sorted.:)

As for tyres then yes they make a hell of a difference but they really are not needed so don't worry if you can't get anything sorted.

Thanks for the welcome :)

That'd be great if you could, would benefit from tuition, I know the car's capable but no idea on myself lol.

Yeah currently running Michelin Pilot Sport 3 but looking to get a second set of wheels with NS2R's or similar.

I have an old helmet which should do the job :)

kwijibo_coupe

For the money they are it is well worth buying your own helmet. Plus they make you look cool anywhere...even sitting in your living room watching tv.

IMG_4379_zpsa6la1okd.jpg

• Like 1
nige8021

For the money they are it is well worth buying your own helmet. Plus they make you look cool anywhere...even sitting in your living room watching tv.

IMG_4379_zpsa6la1okd.jpg

It's the Stigs Scottish cousin :)

• Like 2

It's going to be motorbike helmet here.

Stigs pikeytech cousin.

I might get really tech and take the visor off.

Sure you haven't forgotten Mark, but just encase, I need a helmet :thumbsup:
May try get one beforehand but tbh I'm skint, Stag do weekend after this.

• Like 1
jamiedub

I've got plenty of mountain bike helmets lmao.
Was gonna use my downhill helmet as its gt a nice wide visor haha

kwijibo_coupe

Just thought of this today, do you know if I will be allowed to run with my front bumper and drivers side headlight removed? Just so everything is exposed as much as possible for cooling and cold air.

Rear caliper just shat itself on the Mazda. Winning! Nothing like a bit of drama a head of time. Quite a lot of brake fluid coating the rear wheel arch.

Ohlins fitted and working well - excited to try them on track :D

Edited by Tav
  • Like 1
jamiedub

well got MOT

Just sorting alignment, And try and cure this oil leak.

Still need to get a few miles under my belt to then change the oil lol

• Like 2
physicsfool

Soooooo...... I was ready to go..... Then someone half hinch'd my exhaust.... Which makes me giggles, as it would have been such an effort to take it off.... But it was the shiniest thing on the car. So hoping to get hold of one this week. Or I may have to turn up in a diesel polo