thomashenson

EPC Light Polo 9N - What does it mean?

thomashenson

Car been running fine lately, even with all of the cold weather. However, just recently i've noticed that the EPC light has come and i'm not sure what it means. Looked in the manual and it says to take it to VW garage to get it checked.

Any ideas?

Did some research and a lot of people are saying its a faulty brake light switch, but as far as i know brakes are working fine.

Thanks,

Tom.

• Like 1

caretakerplus

You need to check for fault codes to see why the light has come on. It might pay to do that ASAP.

Regards

kwijibo_coupe

Either find someone with a code reader that can tell you what is wrong or alternatively buy one yourself.

You can get something cheap on eBay like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U281-VW-Audi-Skoda-Seat-VAG-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-diagnostic-tool-UK-/221040985066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item337711c3ea

If you post the code up on here someone should be able to tell you what it means and how to fix it.

If you go to VW they will charge you an initial fee of something stupid like £70 to read the code plus then whatever the car needs to fix it.

• Like 1

prankstar2003

I had a similar problem a few years ago and it turned out to be the brake light switch. I'm not saying this is it, but the fix is easy and relatively cheap. Could be worth doing before you spend too much money