Sign in to follow this  
Dean

Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS

Dean

As a few people wanted to see pics.

post-10666-0-85852600-1422641403_thumb.j post-10666-0-56621500-1422641410_thumb.j post-10666-0-44374100-1422641412_thumb.j

Bought this yesterday with 1 Owner from new, 65,000 miles on the clock, service history.

Has the 1.8T 20VT with 180bhp, complete stock never messed around with and came from an older couple. Thoroughly enjoyed the Jazz tape left in the radio on the drive home.... In the SNOW!

Want it completely OEM but I may, possibly (over time) add a Forge 007p, full S/S Resonated Exhaust System with a custom rTech remap. However I'm not to fussed about all that now, I just want hassle free comfortable driving :D

nige8021

Looks good :) not sure about the white carpet ? you'll have to get some driving slippers

Dean

I actually want to swap it out for the black Golf carpet, but I've got the mats for now so it'll do. I've seen the conversion done and it looks a lot smarter.

nige8021

That would make it look a lot smarter and easier to live with :)

matt01

Yeah that interior would never stay clean! Looks clean though... And looks like undercover police car :o

Dean

Yeah that interior would never stay clean! Looks clean though... And looks like undercover police car :o

Haha, funny you say that, the amount of people who move out the way and suddenly slow down when I come up behind them! Maybe I should keep my yellow jacket on the parcel shelf :ninja:

All I ever see is the Octavia's as Police cars around here, they seem to love them.

The carpet is a little grubby and certainly needs a clean, they said they would get it valeted, but I sent them an email and they only had put the advert up about an hour before and I picked it up 2 days later so they only had it on the forecourt for 3 days. To bloody lazy to clean it, but never mind, means I can go over it in the next couple of days.

Jake

I had a ex rapid response estate version 53 reg when it was 4 years old and it was a really good car couldn't fault it!

Dean

Update:

Had the car book in at Skoda today. Seems my car has never been done for the free coil pack recall.

Skoda replaced the x3 non-genuine and x1 genuine packs (which was very nice of them), also a brand new coolant temp sensor (common fault) and new hazard relay switch (again common fault).

Now runs silky smooth. Next is a new set of spark plugs and oil change both which are on the way.

Dean

Fitted this today in my VRS;

2n85swk.jpg28727gm.jpg

Nice to have some cup holders!

matt01

what was in the space before? just cubby hole?

Dean

Yea just a single din cubby, you can see the original on the 1st post pic 3.

Dean

Latest updates;

Car went in to have a new fuse box, alternator wire as the old one built up resistance and burnt the fuse box..... Common issue, but a pain in the arse, but at least it's sorted now.

Also had a full balancing and wheel alignment/tracking done and fix a leaky valve/rim, the ride is so much smoother and it's nice to have the steering wheel straight!!!

Next it needs a new thermostat and the cambelt/water pump doing which will be next month along with the full service.

Dean

Gave a the car a wash and a quick polish

post-10666-0-47732900-1425659007_thumb.j post-10666-0-54837400-1425659015_thumb.j

nige8021

Black cars always look great when they've just been polished :)

Dean

Indeed, they polish up nice, but the paint work is bad in some places. Def needs sorting out at some point!

Dean

Today's job was attacking the plastic trim to bring back the blackness and not the horrible grey!

Original

post-10666-0-65846200-1425998432_thumb.j

After

post-10666-0-68998100-1425998274_thumb.j

Also managed to get 43.7 MPG!!! (Fuel Consumption)

Not bad for a 1.8T 8>) - That was the b road coming home the other night staying under 60.

post-10666-0-64202500-1425998280_thumb.j

nige8021

On a "B" road you should always be under 60 :)

• Like 1

Dean

Realised I haven't updated this in a while

Got original VRS mats for the MK1, 2nd hand but couldn't complain at the price £35. Thought then I may as well hoover it all out too!

2q188br.jpg

Also cleaned the car and give the engine bay a good clean too! Mind you it was already clean but I just wanted to do it again to lift the dirt.

n4tsmr.jpg

Well the last couple of days I've done a few things!

Car went in for it's MOT today (16 October 2015), passed with flying colours!

Ordered a new diverter valve/recalculation valve/cut off valve (what ever you want to call it), and a new throttle body gasket yesterday and picked them up from Skoda.

Fitted the DV, I've noticed it's a little quieter but can't say I've noticed much difference in performance..

Old and New DV - I believe this was the original as it had the date 2002 on the top.

2444nep.jpg

Cleaned TB, replaced the gasket, and now sits a lot nicer on the revs.

Oh, and my plastidip also turned up and I'll be spraying the front grille and possibly the bump strips. I doubt one can will do them all so I'll probably just do the grille for now.

Front Grill Painted

oixgsw.jpg

The car wnt in for it major service, cambelt, water pump and thermostat on Tuesday.

And finally a cheeky order of some Pioneer TS-A172Ci 6.5" / 17cm 2 Way Car Component Speakers

A couple of other things done.

Plastidip my bump strips, and finally looking a lot better after the heat gun trick was well.... ****.

How bad they was after the heat gun and bumper gel....

bhc2tl.jpg

Then corrected with Pliastidip

1zmec9j.jpg

And then on the car

1j6t8g.jpg

Think it came out well and has the same effect. I cheated a little and heated up the plastic and then sprayed and then heat gun again to quicken the drying process!

nige8021

Looking very smart, the black grill surround definitely suits it :)

I want one but the estate version :)

• Like 1

herrdavies

Have to say, that looks sweet!

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Yeah it's lovely, I kinda like the white carpet...I would find it hard to keep clean though.

A fast skoda could be the next Daily for me [emoji4]

• Like 1

Dean

Yeah it's lovely, I kinda like the white carpet...I would find it hard to keep clean though.

A fast skoda could be the next Daily for me [emoji4]

Couldn't recommend it enough! Basically a golf with the 180bhp engine instead of the 150bhp, and the MASSIVE boot! Comes in very handy. I plan to keep the carpet white now, but have bigger car mats to cover most of it so it stays clean.

• Like 1

Dean

As it's been a lovely sunny day, I thought I'd be productive!

Ever since I got the car the rear wiper was noisy as hell, so today was the day I was going to strip down the rear wiper motor and clean/grease it.

Of comes the rear plastic cover on the back of the boot, which showed the wiper motor.

2i21u9h.jpg

Undone the 3 bolts leaving enough just to hold it there while I tackled the wiper, what a pig that was but after a bit of wiggling around it came free.

I split open the motor to be greeted by water and rust, a very common problem on these cars.

96b9r6.jpg

Inside the metal cover, obviously more water got in here too.

2nv5r0j.jpg

I found the cause of the loud motor, this black plastic cover was found hidden in the back of the boot lid rolling around - once I smashed it back on the motor was whisper quiet! Result.

a3cvn7.jpg

As most if the metal had rust on it I couldn't clean it up that well so I just re-greased all the components and put it all back together.

v5wbrn.jpg

Happy that the motor is now quiet, hopefully it'll keep working for a while and not seize up.

I did think about de-wipering it but I used the rear wiper alot so to me it has it's uses. :D

All in all a good day!

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this