Dean

Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS

nige8021

Nice cheap fix :smile:

Dean

Yea I've been meaning to do it for ages. Get this.... Skoda quoted me over £200 to fix it! New motor apparently was needed along with god knows what else. I've fixed it with WD40 and grease.

nige8021

2hrs labour @ £70/hr plus the motor from ECP !!

Dean

Not much has happened of late. Coloured the V on the badge in black, fixed the rear wiper a couple months back and just been trying to keep it clean.

Oh and me Nige & Steve fitted a Cupra R Spitter to her, thanks to John for the spitter.

Dean_MK1Oct.png

Dean

Long overdue update......

So unfortunately my black vRS is no more. R.I.P. It argued with a verge. I've always wanted a RED one so the hunt began looking for the top spec version I could find! Bare minimum was that it had rear parking sensors and cruise control (although Nige could retro fit that for me). Thankfully I came across this one which had everything I wanted, except the Xenon's.... Really wanted them but we can't have everything.

MK1 Skoda Octavia vRS - Corrida Red

• FSH
  • Half Leather Seats
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear Parking Sensors
  • Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust System (Only found out the make after I purchased it and got it home)
  • Octavia chrome door sill plate guards

Just wanted to add a MASSIVE MASSIVE thanks to @nige8021 for helping me with purchasing the car.

Pictures

MK1SkodaOctaviavRS_3.jpgMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_4.jpgMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_1.jpg

First Mods

• Octavia arm rest
  • Front and rear wind deflector
  • Original OEM boot net, floor and back seats
  • Aftermarket Boot Tray
  • Cold Air Intake (CAI) Carbonio
  • Secondary air pump air filter
  • MK4 Golf Aero Wiper Arms + Bosch Wiper Blades (OEM ones are really shit)
  • Boost Gauge (just needs wiring in)

MK1SkodaOctaviavRS_6.jpegMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_7.jpegMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_8.jpeg

Just need to change the covers to the black ones.

MK1SkodaOctaviavRS_2.jpgMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_5.jpg

Looks great!

MK1SkodaOctaviavRS_9.jpegMK1SkodaOctaviavRS_10.jpeg
NOT HAPPY!

Tragedy struck me hard today - the wiper arm spindle snapped off, looks like it had been stripped in the past as the arms were VERY hard to get off along with the nuts. So down the local scrapyard and found a red Octavia. £15 for the motor and linkage and swapped it all over, greased up. Aero wipers installed too!

More pictures and details to come soon!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

dvderlm
1 hour ago, Dean said:

Tragedy struck me hard today - the wiper arm spindle snapped off,

Ooh, very nice motor..

That's worrying. I need to get access to behind the bulkhead (cause leak) on an octi mk1 which I think means wiper nuts off.

Dean
1 hour ago, dvderlm said:

Ooh, very nice motor..

That's worrying. I need to get access to behind the bulkhead (cause leak) on an octi mk1 which I think means wiper nuts off.

Never happened before, but the nuts where pretty tough to move, almost like they've never been changed. Which could be possible. But I've cleaned them all up now and greased them so they undo very nicely. :drinks:

nige8021

Yeah chances are the arms are original, however they should of been removed to service the pollen filter several times in the life of the car

mbusby993

The new one looks like a nice motor! Always had a soft spot for the Octavia. I had a mk1 Leon Cupra and it was an oddly comfortable car for the spec, I imagine the Octavia is in a similar bracket. :) 

• Like 1

nige8021
43 minutes ago, mbusby993 said:

The new one looks like a nice motor! Always had a soft spot for the Octavia. I had a mk1 Leon Cupra and it was an oddly comfortable car for the spec, I imagine the Octavia is in a similar bracket. :) 

They are nice motorway munchers especially with the cruise control ☺

• Like 1

mbusby993

Yeah I can can definitely believe that. My Cupra was ridiculously comfortable. Never took it too far cos it cost me £40 to do 200 miles. The Polo did 420 on £38 last weekend, in contrast haha. But I did do one motorway run in it and it was a joy for comfortable cruising! 

Edited by mbusby993
Grammar errors
  • Like 1

Dean
10 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Yeah chances are the arms are original, however they should of been removed to service the pollen filter several times in the life of the car

Yeah, mine almost black.... it looks like it’s never been changed.

Mk2Haze

Mr Haze had a black one before I met him. He still bangs on about how much he misses it... Best not show him this!

• Haha 1

dougstar21

Looks fantastic. These wear red well.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dean

Well today (as it wasn't raining) I managed to finish of a few things. Crimped some new terminals to some wires.

Finally finished off the boost gauge pod install (many thanks to @nige8021 once again)

This is to keep an eye on the turbo pressure and see what it's making. 2 Colours!
BoostGuage.jpg

12psi - Peak Boost | 10psi - Stablised Boost

New piping for the FPR with t-piece connected.

FPR_Connecotr.jpg

mbusby993

Which motor is it? I’m sure my Leon made around 11psi peak. That was a 180bhp AUQ. Bloody good fun to drive! :db:

Dean
29 minutes ago, mbusby993 said:

Which motor is it? I’m sure my Leon made around 11psi peak. That was a 180bhp AUQ. Bloody good fun to drive! :db:

Yeah, this is the 180BHP AUQ engine.

mbusby993

Good stuff! Is it on a 6 speed box? All the fun of 180bhp and a turbo but the ability to be half decent on fuel when you want it to. :tongue:

Dean
19 hours ago, mbusby993 said:

Good stuff! Is it on a 6 speed box? All the fun of 180bhp and a turbo but the ability to be half decent on fuel when you want it to. :tongue:

No this has the 5 speed box which is apparently stronger as I heard horror stories of the Leon's chewing through them.

Dean

So today I completed the wiring for the boost gauge and put it all back together.

I then went ahead and started to clean the engine bay as it was pretty grubby and I can't stand dirty bays.....

Before
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-12 at 14.23.51.jpeg

After
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-12 at 14.23.59.jpeg

I think that'll be it for a while now. :D

• Like 1

mbusby993
26 minutes ago, Dean said:

No this has the 5 speed box which is apparently stronger as I heard horror stories of the Leon's chewing through them.

Ah fair enough man, I didn’t really have my Leon long enough to notice but it was a 15 owner car that had never (to my knowledge) had a box changed! Can imagine they’ve got a bit more spirit on a 5sp! 

Bay looks much neater already mate. :smile:

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.