Sign in to follow this  
KyleRowland

MK7 Polo HELP!

KyleRowland

hey everyone, i need someone with a bit of experience to help me! :D:help:

So i recently bought a mk7 polo... alls good clean engine and interior blah blah... ill skip to the good part. lowering it and alloys. I'm going to have this car pretty low as youd expect from a 16 year old with some taste in a car :diablo: slammed. so basically any tips on the coilovers or any suggestions on actual coilovers.. i dont want to be putting sh*t in it because i want this to be a show car. no bags. haven't got that much money. also its a 1.2. so alloys. i really want to fill them arches... yano, the more rubbing the better!! :tongue: so if anyone has had 18inch alloys on their 1.2 id really appreciate you telling me what its like on petrol and is it too hard on the car... i had my brothers 3sdm 0.05's on it and they looked sweet (9.5 backs cleared the arches with no spcaers!) i didnt get driving it as he was being a cu*t and wouldnt let me bring it for a spin. so basically i want to know what coilovers to put in it for good lows and comfortable driving and will 18inch alloys be too hard on it with fuel etc... here are some pictures of what it looks like now and will be updated if i do anything major to it!

post-920469-0-96356500-1430496327_thumb.

post-920469-0-00992100-1430496447_thumb.

sorry for bad quality on the first one.

Dave9n3

I'd say go for fk's or JOM for a cheap set of coilovers. Not many guys run 18" as they're a bit too big for the car. 16's or 17's are favoured by almost everyone.

prankstar2003

Yeah, go FK or JOM if you want an uncomfortable ride!

KyleRowland

I'd say go for fk's or JOM for a cheap set of coilovers. Not many guys run 18" as they're a bit too big for the car. 16's or 17's are favoured by almost everyone.

Yeah, go FK or JOM if you want an uncomfortable ride!

either way when its screwed to the floor its going to be uncomfortable! brother has fk's and is on his second set but i think thats due to the fact it's slammed!!! I've decided 17's is the way forward! what alloys tho. not many nice ones in 17's. thanks for the help tho!! appreciate it!

Edited by nige8021
Offensive language deleted