pullen664

PLEASE HELP POLO 9N3 CENTRAL LOCKING

pullen664

Long story shot I've bought a polo s 9n3 today and it is equipped with central locking yet I am unable to use the key fob supplied with it to unlock the car. The key is the one button key so I am wondering if this key is unable to unlock it or if maybe it's just something simple like a dead battery.

Any help is deeply appreciated, thanks.

Yeti

One button sounds like it's a torch not a remote.

pullen664

Do you know of any way I could get a key remote? As it already has central locking.

TROUBLESTARTER

or just buy a remote central locking kit for around £8 on ebay then you will have remote locking and, total closure aswell!!!

nige8021

You could use a universal kit like that but it's not a simple plug n play !! you need to chop into the wiring loom and get the correct value of resistors to get the thing to work, that one is more suited to the earlier Polo's with the vacuum central locking

pullen664

Thanks for all the help. After seeing all of the work that is needed for this and as I have no electrical expiernce what so ever I think that I'm just gonna leave it be haha. I really appreciate the help, cheers.

TROUBLESTARTER

its actually simple job

you follow the instructions supplied for negative locking

you will need a 180 ohm 1/4w resistor that will connect to the unlock wire from the kit

and both the lock and unlock wires from the kit connect to a thin blue/white wire in the drivers footwell

the only other connections required for basic operation is a permanent live, which you can get from the rear of the fuse box and an earth which can be taken from any earth point

there is no chopping of wires required

even the most in experienced person could fit it in about an hour

dixy

I went through this when I got my 9n3 new, I bought the universal rclick kit and tried fitting it and it made nothing but a mess. Sure it can be done but for all the hassle I would take the orm setup over anything.

The guide makes it look difficult but in reality it is nothing more then just replacing one control unit.

You can use the units from golfs and Passat etc just try to get one off a 4 door if yours is 4 door then just remove the old and plug in the new one.

Then get a remote and either get a key cut or if you have 2 keys stick one in the ignition and the other in the door and unlock the door and press the unlock button and indicators flash job done. No cutting or messing around with vagcom etc.

Edited by dixy