Redwan1996

VW Polo 9N3 comfort control module for central locking

Redwan1996

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a VW Polo 9N3 1.2 S 64 which comes with central locking. However I do not have remote central locking so I decided to purchase a comfort control module, model number 6Q0 959 433 E,which I believe can receive remote signals. However when I looked under my dash I noticed that I have a completely different module and have no idea on how to remove it. The current CCM module Model I have in my car is 6Q1 937 049 D. I have not seen any video tutorials or guides with my specific CCM model, but I have read numerous amounts of forums which say replacing the 9N3 CCM's are really easy to replace and that thhe model I purchased will fit right in. I do mot think this is the case for my car :(

How would I go about getting remote central locking? Thanks!

TROUBLESTARTER

cheap ebay kit for around £8 delivered and a 180ohm 1/4w resistor from maplins around 20 pence

the car has negative resistive locking

i cna supply a wiring diagram if needed to your car to ease installation

even an amateur could fit it in around an hour

Redwan1996

Hi, by any chance could you tell me which kit it is? Does this mean I wouldn't need the CCM module I purchased? If you could supply the wiring diagram I would highly appreciate it.

TROUBLESTARTER

this is the exact kit i bought and fitted to my 9N and yes you don't need the ccm module

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Remote-Central-Kit-Door-Lock-Vehicle-Keyless-Entry-System-DT-/251747712938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a9d553faa

as for the wiring diagram, when you buy the kit follow the instructions for the negative locking configuration

you will then need to fit the resistor in line on the unlock wire then connect both the lock and unlock wires from the kit to the light blue/white lock wire in the drivers side footwell of the car.

the kit needs a minimum of live earth and the locking wires connected to work but you can also connect it up to the indicators (blk/grn and wht/grn found in the 16 way connector plug marked XS6 at the control unit under the drivers side dash) and there is an extra wire on the kit that will make the windows close when you connect it to the same lock wire on the car.

the live can be taken from the permanent live wire from the loom to the ignition barrel, the earth can go to any good clean earth point.

thats basically it!!!

Redwan1996

Won't a kit like this require soldiering?

TROUBLESTARTER

ideally yes, soldering is straight forward enough

nige8021

Fitting that ebay kit is a very poor alternative to using the OEM equipment, you have to chop into the wiring loom to bodge resistors into the wires to make it work :( if you follow the instructions in this guide http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=204921it's basically plug n play :)

fairfield07@hotmail.co.uk

The part you are looking at in your car is not the part you need to swap. I had this exact same problem.

I just remember reading this thread and thought I would direct you to an answer someone gave me.

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=343359&hl=

The pipe he is talking about is to the left of the steering wheel, and it has 1 screw which requires a 6 point bit to get out (not phillips).

Up behind it is a box, much smaller than the one you were looking at and has 1 plug going into it at the top.

Edited by fairfield07@hotmail.co.uk

Redwan1996

Thank you very much! I'm currently attempting it right now, got the backet out just fine. Took the small plug out now I'm struggling to take out the big one! Any suggestions?

Redwan1996

Update: Got there in the end, was a right pain in the backside! I inserted the new CCM and tried to program the remote key following some instructions from different guides online. The car didn't react how it said it would online, however in the end I thought I'd randomly press the lock button and it worked!

I noticed how only the driver door unlocks when I press the unlock button once, and the passenger and boot unlocks when I press the button again. My rear doors do not unlock/ lock with the rest of the car at all. Hopefully this should be fixed after programming (fingers crossed)

Grazuncle

Hi..

I removed the heater ducting as described but still can't see where the CCU goes...

any pointers appreciated :)

duct removed.JPG

Spanners77

Hi mate 

brand new to this forum 

that module you speak of goes in that black plastic cage right in your pic it slides backwards on a key way and comes out plugs enter from the top 

it’s not the easiest job in the world it’ll make your back ache ?

dennishunt100

hay im new here iv got a vw polo 1.4 tdi 3 door and i want to have a key fob to open the doors but dont know what ccm i sould get to fit my polo can some one help here some pictures of the one iv got codes are 6q0959433g

IMG-20171129-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20171129-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20171129-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20171129-WA0004.jpg

Edited by dennishunt100

nige8021
2 hours ago, dennishunt100 said:

hay im new here iv got a vw polo 1.4 tdi 3 door and i want to have a key fob to open the doors but dont know what ccm i sould get to fit my polo can some one help here some pictures of the one iv got codes are 6q0959433g

First Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this 

It will give you all the info you need

• Like 1

Boomtngz
On 18/07/2015 at 17:19, TROUBLESTARTER said:

this is the exact kit i bought and fitted to my 9N and yes you don't need the ccm module

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Remote-Central-Kit-Door-Lock-Vehicle-Keyless-Entry-System-DT-/251747712938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a9d553faa

as for the wiring diagram, when you buy the kit follow the instructions for the negative locking configuration

you will then need to fit the resistor in line on the unlock wire then connect both the lock and unlock wires from the kit to the light blue/white lock wire in the drivers side footwell of the car.

the kit needs a minimum of live earth and the locking wires connected to work but you can also connect it up to the indicators (blk/grn and wht/grn found in the 16 way connector plug marked XS6 at the control unit under the drivers side dash) and there is an extra wire on the kit that will make the windows close when you connect it to the same lock wire on the car.

the live can be taken from the permanent live wire from the loom to the ignition barrel, the earth can go to any good clean earth point.

thats basically it!!!

Hi TROUBLESTARTER, 

I know it been a few years, and I hope you or someone can help. 

I followed these instructions to fit same kit but have had no luck. You can hear the box click when you press the remote buttons but no response from my 2004 polo's central locking system. Even can't get it to learn in learning mode.  Will upload pics of connections points ASAP.