Diablo Rojo ("Dibs")

Buggirl

• 2 weeks later...

So sun is shining and I am going to get polishing today! she is filthy! Also had two massive stones hit my windscreen this week but luckily didn't crack it! Just hit 5000 miles in 9 months too

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Love your car! I'm proud to say I own the exact same do you have the DSG or Manual?

Just wondering whether you had got round to removing the centre silencer yet because I'm seriously tempted to do this!

Thanks

Dan

• Like 1

In reply to ziishan,

I got my wind deflectors from the Ultimate Dubs show for £25 Team HEKO and they fit perfectly!

It was just a little stall they had there I didn't get the name unfortunately but I'm sure they are there at most of the Events so if you ever go to them keep an eye out!

I have just posted a picture on the introductions forums with the wind deflectors fitted they fit really flush to be fair.

Love your car! I'm proud to say I own the exact same do you have the DSG or Manual?

Just wondering whether you had got round to removing the centre silencer yet because I'm seriously tempted to do this!

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks! I have the manual and no I haven't removed the silencer as its under warranty and a bit nervous to do anything mechanical at the moment. If you do, then you got a let me know how it goes. You are not that far away from where I am, are you going to any VW shows?

Love mine was tempted for DSG but who wants to lose 70nm of Torque? :nea:

Yeah that is the exact reason i don't want to play with mine at the moment!

I will be definitely, which ones though not sure because i work every weekend with every other Sunday off, but if they fall on my day off i will be there i'd imagine.

Love mine was tempted for DSG but who wants to lose 70nm of Torque? :nea:

Yeah that is the exact reason i don't want to play with mine at the moment!

I will be definitely, which ones though not sure because i work every weekend with every other Sunday off, but if they fall on my day off i will be there i'd imagine.

Found the wind deflectors... thanks for that!! :D

I've got the DSG model with Sport button. VW told me the sport button return the lost torque, so effectively runs the same power as the manual. FTW!

as for the silencer, I'm getting it removed in the coming week. costing me around £80. If done correctly, you can always put the original back in without hassle. all that needs to be done is take the centre section out and fit a straight through. doesn't make it overly loud, just a more noticeable authentic rumble on idle and driving from the exhaust, and it "farts" when changing gears on DSG, not sure how it affects the manuals.

While I get that done, I'm thinking of disconnecting the cabin engine speaker. its like being constantly lied to by the car every time I put my foot down. lol

I see I never knew that! Fair play!

Please do a video and post it so I can hear what it sounds like! Yeah I have been told that you can put it back providing you do it correctly like you said!

I look forward to hearing yours! I haven't got anything that plays through the cabin but I tbh I think when they're hot they sound pretty mint anyway haha!

If you have the sport pack then you have the audio speaker to add to driving 'experience'. I love how it sounds already but just want a bit more burble.. Would never go boy racer loud.

I too am keen to see how car performs when you take the silencer out.

I may be wrong but I think the audio speaker (face the car head on - located in the top left corner in the engine bay) is in all GTI's regardless of sport pack. Sounds good but if you know its a fake sound, doesn't have the same feel..... IMO

Looking to book the car into garage this weekend, will certainly do a video and upload for you guys. It would never be boy racer loud unless you had a straight through exhaust set up from the engine manifold to exhaust tips. Removing the middle silencer/resonator is not only giving it a gurgle burble/DSG "fart"... but also allows a freer flow. Wont benefit in performance but may do in MPG/engine health/exhaust life/etc.

P.S. in sport mode with DSG, go anywhere above 2500/3000rpm and manually shift, it does a weak fart. Go close to redline and manually shift up, a medium fart. without the silencer in.... it should become a massive fart :badgrin::yahoo:

P.S.S fog light fitment is H.8 bulbs. I've found some 35w LED Cree bulbs on ebay for £10-£20 that look good. Be wary not to get anything above 35w as I've heard any excessive power causes the plastic to melt from excessive heat. Oh and its very easy to change the bulbs.

Edited by ziishan

I'll be honest and say i don't think i have that on mine i hear no engine noise or exhaust tones that come into the cabin.

Sorted can't wait to hear it! I'd love a little pop noise on mine but going to have to go for a proper system. :unknw:

Just out of curiosity what is the most you have got out of yours? Miles an hour wise??

not sure then mate... buggirl might be right that its only on "sport button" models.

I would've gone for a proper system but its a lot of money. so I thought try it out with a cheaper option of removing silencer. also avoids the risk of having warranty void due to major mod.

and I've tapped out at 146mph... it probably would have reached 150+mph but I ran out of road and the balls to hold on any longer! lool. but my god it reached that speed in no time and the fuel needle moved like the "seconds" handle on a clock! quite the guzzler when in sport mode and foot planting.

Disclaimer: the above was done on a private abandoned stretch of land in my local area. I was NOT on public road.... before anyone starts telling me off 8>T

All this talk of exhausts is getting me excited about mine :D . Getting a full development system at the end of the month, so will be interesting to see the difference between standard, no silencer and full system.

Edited by NickHardcastle

I expect a full system will have a bigger noticeable change compared to standard with silencer removed. Which company/make/brand are you going to/for this system?

I've just rang my mechanic to book in for the removal. Just waiting on parts/material, and then it'll only take him roughly 2 hours to do. Will update you guys when its done! :spiteful:

I expect a full system will have a bigger noticeable change compared to standard with silencer removed. Which company/make/brand are you going to/for this system?

I've just rang my mechanic to book in for the removal. Just waiting on parts/material, and then it'll only take him roughly 2 hours to do. Will update you guys when its done! :spiteful:

Can't wait hear this! And looking at getting a KMS Motorsport system. Big company with the Ford market, but he's an old mate so getting a one-off for mine, which once tried and tested will be up for sale for all VW's, so will post videos and reviews once fitted! Going to be the longest two weeks of my life waiting for it! :-(

• 2 weeks later...

exhaust silencer removed yesterday! sounds awesome when warmed up! nice gurgle when driving/idling... in normal driving mode.. but switch to sport driving and it comes to life! changing gears anywhere between 2500-3500rpm and pop/fart galore!!!! will be hopefully making a video tonight providing good weather and post for you guys.

Also been told I need me gearbox recalibrating. Noticed a little clunk when changing up which the mechanic put down to the gearbox just needing calibration. So hopefully nothing to major.

Edited by ziishan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Buggirl said:

Where is the vid dude?  I am in suspense here!

Thread hijacking again.. :smile:

CAT BACK SYSTEM WILL BE FITTED TOMORROW!!!! Genuinly cannot contain my excitement. Will post in my thread once completed! :D

• Like 1

You are all bloody thread hijackers!  Lol never mind keep posting here get them fitted and vids up please!  Think we just need a thread for red GTis I think! 

Afternoon :)

Car looks very nice in red, where did you get the trim stuff from?