Diablo Rojo ("Dibs")

Buggirl

2 hours ago, Buggirl said:

Thanks matey.  I got it from Japan

Tbf I was hoping for a slightly more specific answer than that :D

I know you were lol, but I honestly can't remember took me ages to find it!  Looked for the link and can't find it as my mail box got full and I deleted the records!  I will have a trawl through and if I can remember what they are called I will let you know!  Sorry!

• Like 1

so here we have it... only a 10 sec clip.. spent most of the day cleaning the car whilst the sun was out. then driving! lol. exhaust sounds awesome! I mean all I've done is remove the resonator/silencer, and it makes such a difference that I don't even need to think about a full system.

Normal driving mode: nice burble. throatier on gas and gear changes. seems to pick up response slightly quicker too going up through the revs

Sport driving mode: this is where it comes to life. gurgles and crackles when cold. when warm it burbles like normal. on the gas it roars... not loud but sounds good enough to say GET THE **** OUT MY WAY! lol. gear changes with DSG are a treat. give a little boost and change up... farts really nicely.

P.S. was at Gumball 3000 Rally on May Bank Hol Monday, had a chance to drive around man city centre with a convoy. Fair to say foot was down in low gears. exhaust piping hot at this point, and shots were getting fired GTI style. slow roll, in neutral, popping the revs on the limit, and it sounded like the rest of the supercars! :P

all in all... best £80 I've spent on it so far. Will get drive by vids and etc sometime this week.

Other mods done/to do: red VW dustcaps, HEKO deflectors, white fog and interior bulbs (to fit), gloss black paint for front and side skirts plus back diffuser (to be done).

IMG_2371.mov

• Like 1

So tonight I was naughty and slipped her into sport and raced a Fiesta ST, but eased off as he was giving it some!  Don't think his was std as it smelt burnt out and was very quick, but he had a head start from rolling and I caught him!  Not proud but I didn't break speed limit as I eased off but he definitely did!   I need to start to seriously think performance mods now!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buggirl said:

So tonight I was naughty and slipped her into sport and raced a Fiesta ST, but eased off as he was giving it some!  Don't think his was std as it smelt burnt out and was very quick, but he had a head start from rolling and I caught him!  Not proud but I didn't break speed limit as I eased off but he definitely did!   I need to start to seriously think performance mods now!

They are quick the STs but performance wise they are neck and neck with the GTI DSGs, so the manual should be quicker. Have a look at the APR Stage 1 map - it gives you around 240bhp and no other mods are needed!! This is next on my to do list :D 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NickHardcastle said:

They are quick the STs but performance wise they are neck and neck with the GTI DSGs, so the manual should be quicker. Have a look at the APR Stage 1 map - it gives you around 240bhp and no other mods are needed!! This is next on my to do list :D 

I've heard that with a remap you have to do both the engine and gearbox for DSG's... is this true? What is the APR map and roughly how much too? :P

Edited by ziishan

1 hour ago, ziishan said:

I've heard that with a remap you have to do both the engine and gearbox for DSG's... is this true? What is the APR map and roughly how much too? :P

Don't know about the gearbox needing re-calibrating, best bet is to phone awesome GTI. APR are probably the biggest VAG tuners, and you're talking stage 1 is roughly £580, and stage 2 is roughly £780, but stage 2 needs a downpipe. Personally I'm looking at Stage 1, adding a downpipe and de-cat to my KMS cat-back, drop in filter and dump valve. But I always run my car on 99ron fuel - just gives it that little extra. And the APR map is also meant to give you better MPG when doing normal driving. 

• Like 1

I too run mine on high octane She'll V-power is the best.  I will be stage one soon I think!

3 hours ago, Buggirl said:

I too run mine on high octane She'll V-power is the best.  I will be stage one soon I think!

I'd deffo consider stage 1! No other mods needed, and if something does go wrong with the car, just pop in to your local APR dealer and get them to flash it back to standard so VW won't know for any warranty work. Then because there are no other mods they won't know any different :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickHardcastle said:

I'd deffo consider stage 1! No other mods needed, and if something does go wrong with the car, just pop in to your local APR dealer and get them to flash it back to standard so VW won't know for any warranty work. Then because there are no other mods they won't know any different :D

Did wonder about that - is there really no way for them to tell it's been changed?

17 hours ago, NickHardcastle said:

Don't know about the gearbox needing re-calibrating, best bet is to phone awesome GTI. APR are probably the biggest VAG tuners, and you're talking stage 1 is roughly £580, and stage 2 is roughly £780, but stage 2 needs a downpipe. Personally I'm looking at Stage 1, adding a downpipe and de-cat to my KMS cat-back, drop in filter and dump valve. But I always run my car on 99ron fuel - just gives it that little extra. And the APR map is also meant to give you better MPG when doing normal driving. 

From what I was told by the VW mechanic, every car is driven by numerous people before leaving the showroom/garage. So especially if you have a new car, the first 1000miles is sort of breaking the gearbox in. The gearbox ends up adapting to a range of driving styles from different people. The recalibration is mainly to realign the linkages in the DSG. I noticed a big difference once mine was done. both auto and manual, the changes up and down are a lot smoother, no clunks/noises, and seems to build better pressure and boost in each gear. I would recommend all DSG owners to do this after the 1000miles, should be a free service through VW warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So got Dibs back last night after her stay since Wednesday night at the dealership as she had an intermittent fault with her reverse camera and stereo.  It has had a full reset and software update and apparently showing no further faults.  Fingers crossed its sorted!  I got to drive around in a 2.0 TDi 177 BHP Passat executive with all the trimmings including full leather and climatronic etc!  It was lovely but not as nice to drive as the GTi !  

• 7 months later...