Scowsepolo

Mk2f coupe conversion (g40/GT)

Scowsepolo

Hi guys!

I am a noob and I am in need of advice.

I have a 1994 1.3l mk2f polo with single point injection and am looking to do a conversion (either the GT or G40 whichever is more achievable). I was wandering what needed to be done as I can only seem to find info when done from carbs. Are all the heads interchangeable amongst the mk2f or would I need a different lump?

Any advice is appreciated!

I understand that this is vague so please ask questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks for your time!

Peace. Love. Dub.

• Haha 1

steveo3002

you need fuel pumps , engine harnesss , ecu , engine , intercooler and hoses if g40 from the donor car

1300 heads are mostly the same , although not sure about g40 ones

Scowsepolo

Nice one steveo3002. I'll let my mechanic friend know and may be back with more questions.

Cheers

Scowsepolo

If anyone else can shed any light on the G40 head situation that would be great. Thanks.

kwijibo_coupe

Post number 2 in this thread should help... http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7036

All the mk2f 1.3 heads are basically the same. Just the cam differs in them. Also the G40 has sodium filled exhaust valves.

If you are going G40 ideally you want a complete car. Buying all the bits individually can work out more expensive.

Also don't forget the brakes and suspension, the G40 had a rear anti roll bar, rose joints in the TCAs and steering arms and brakes from the mk2 Golf which are vented unlike the rest of the Polos.