Pihlen

'94 1.3 6N Tune-up?

Pihlen

Hello Club Polo!

I am 18 years old and looking into give my 1994 1.3 6N a little tune-up.

Right now it's 55 hp., but I'd like to get some more horsepowers out of the little engine. Is this possible in any way?

What kind of costs am I looking at? And is there some do's and dont's? And most important, where do I look for parts?

I'm not from the UK, sadly, so it primarily has to be online dealers.

I have the Haynes Manual for the 6N, but is still a little lost, can anyone give me a few tips 'for dummies'?

I will upload a few pictures in the weekend when I'll be back home!

Cheers,

Pihlen

Edited by Pihlen
  • Like 1

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

There's not a lot you can do to up the power on your engine while it's on the standard injection setup :(

You could try and source a 1.4 16v AFH engine from the 6N it's good for 100bhp as standard, it will fit without any serious modifications other than the engine bay wiring loom, or you could remove the injection system and fit bike carbs but I don't know what the regulations for emission testing is like in Denmark??

thatt

Hallo my freind from denmark

I stand even with the same consideration right now, and what I have come up with so far is that I will find a new camshaft (Most likely, one from a GT) and then throw 4 mc carburettor.
Although it might become a little difficult to sight with karburatorene, but that's not the most difficult to put the original mono points again.

jeg står selv med samme overvejelser lige nu, og hvad jeg er kommet frem til indtil videre er at, jeg vil finde en ny knast (højst sansynligt en fra en GT) og så smide 4 mc karburator i.
Selv om det nok bliver lidt svært at syne med karburatorene, men der er jo ikke det sværeste at sætte original monopoint i igen.

Edited by thatt

thatt

What is the engine kode ?