Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Club Polo - What features would you like to see on the site/forums?

JamesGeorge

We won't be allowing HTML, and never have due to possibility of being able to embed HTML into the site, opening XSS security holes, and potentially allowing them access to areas they should not have. So for that reason and for the security of the site this option wont be allowed. Sorry.

shame :( but makes sense

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• Ant9X

• kiran_182

• herrdavies

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought a good idea could be to have a monthly competition called shot of the month and then the winner will have their photo on the homepage banner Seen a few forums do it and it keeps things look

I've only just joined the forum so I don't know if there's a feature for this but tagging other members in posts is useful in other forums I've used, in the same way it's done on Twitter by using an @

This is available in a future update :)

Posted Images

We won't be allowing HTML, and never have due to possibility of being able to embed HTML into the site, opening XSS security holes, and potentially allowing them access to areas they should not have. So for that reason and for the security of the site this option wont be allowed. Sorry.

Are you a developer Dean? We've had to explain that several times at work in the past...

No, it was just drummed into me when I got into forums back in the early 2000's. The kind of do's and don't's online, this is how to protect yourself etc etc, so very much a force of habit.

• Like 2
PHIL SWARBRICK

By far this is the best forum I have used. Being that I am in an older age group I am not a natural to IT both in searching and navigating. I know there are help files. Could they become more accessible from more areas of the website. There are times when I make posts thinking there is already plenty been written around the subject. Could there be more sub folders in forums down to specific components such as pistons, crankshafts, connecting rods etc. As I have already mentioned in the past there have been inappropriate posts which are no help and have nothing to do with the thread. Perhaps the advice against this needs to be more prominent on the site.

Regards

Phil

Thank you Phil, this is certainly something we can look at. Our technical section though covers everything in their right categories. Having more sub-forums for specific components isn't really needed but I am thinking of a tutorial system to be included in a future update where such things will have their own sections. So it would be a guides/tutorials/FAQ all in one.

I think a good idea would be to be able to receive a notification if your hometown or county etc. Is mentioned in a "youve been spotted" post. Eg you can set it to notify you whenever "leeds" or whatever your hometown is mentioned. Would probably improve reply rates on that forum, and personaly id love to know who else in on club polo and what they are driving in my area!

herrdavies

I quite like how when you use the mobile site, when you open a thread, it opens to the first post that you haven't seen.

I know you are able to click a button on the full site to take you to that post, but maybe we could default to that behaviour?

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

+1 on that point, the button on the full website for recent content does not show the threads on which somebody has just commented...i think it just shows the younger created threads at the top even if they haven't had a comment in days

For example what grinds your gears has really got popular but it will never show in recent content

Tapatalk on mobile is similar to Facebook, 'timeline' shows the most recent stuff and recent commented stuff at the top so it's easy to navigate instead of clicking all the sections lol

The mobile version of the site is very limited and we're kind of stuck with this. We're still working on the new site we hope to launch this year, however a few issues have cropped up that we wasn't expecting and it's halted our progress for now.

As for the location tagging I'm not sure if that's something that can be done but we can look to see if it can be done.

The mobile version of the site is very limited and we're kind of stuck with this. We're still working on the new site we hope to launch this year, however a few issues have cropped up that we wasn't expecting and it's halted our progress for now.

As for the location tagging I'm not sure if that's something that can be done but we can look to see if it can be done.

Thanks dean, I'm sure other people would be interested in finding out whos in their area? Let us know please? :)

Thanks dean, I'm sure other people would be interested in finding out whos in their area? Let us know please? :)

You could get an idea using the Members Map but that's going to be the only way for now.

You could get an idea using the Members Map but that's going to be the only way for now.
No worries, yeah i keep checking. Not that many people on it yet tho. Keep up the good work, cheers dean

Many thanks!

It hasn't long be introduced and we was saving it for the upgrade, but as we had a chance to use it now I thought why not. In the coming months we'll be adding more features to members map to make it a useful source of information. :D

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
herrdavies

So I had a thought... (dangerous, I know)

When we organise local meets, it's very easy for meet info and attendee counts to get lost and swamped up in the thread (it's always nice to know a head count to see if it's worth it).

What about if we could have some sort of 'event' system. Something like on Facebook. You create an event, specify a time, a location on the member map, and then people can enter the event and mark themselves as 'maybe' or attending'.

Could be handy to find out about upcoming meets in your vicinity.

Slap me down if it's a silly idea, I only suggest it as I don't use Facebook. Maybe even hook it in to Facebook events. I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that can be done...

Not a bad idea, we used to use the calendar for this but due to the limitations of the software it wasn't really useful. I can however look to reintroduce such a feature if there is demand for it.

• 1 month later...
petrosmom

Guidance for someone wanting to sell a Polo. I'm a granny with a 1989 Polo that has to go but she is too loved to go to a scrap dealer. Where do I go from here? A simple 'how to' guide would be most helpful. (Without any jargon!)

Many thanks.

Petros Mom

This is something I can do for you, for please please scroll to the far bottom of the main forums where you see cars for sale and just post a topic like you have just now and include some information about the car.

I'm currently away but will look to do some guides.

We're still open to more ideas.

Later tonight I will start implementing some of the ideas that have been spoken about.

• 4 weeks later...

I like how the projects forum has been condensed into sub forums, it saves a lot of scrolling to get to Polo Chat/General Car Chat/etc. and I think we could use the same sort of thing with the sponsored forums, just to make the main page a little less cluttered - and posssibly put these after the classifieds as well. Other than that it looks great.

• Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.