oldtech

MK2F cambelt & water pump replacement with photos

1vw2many

I have no idea what a garage would charge to do this, but for the sake of £125 (which I guess wouldn't be far off a garage labour charge) you could buy this set http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-Socket-106-Piece-2-Inch-Drive/dp/B000Y8OFI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449759465&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Bahco+Socket+set&psc=1

I have a good tool box with lots of tools so no problem on tool side of things.. As for the link on the bahco tool set its a great price and great tools I have used that brand of tools for many years . I may just but them as a back up set..Thanks :D

Also where did you get your bosch water pump from as ebay have a lot of no branded water pumps etc.. 1991 Mk2f gt coupe ..

Edited by 1vw2many

andy nelson

Brilliant step by step photos and write up, I followed it myself today, only problem I'm having is get the tension on the belt, the water pump that came of was completely knackered and had done broken off 

andy nelson

Brilliant step by step photos and write up, I followed it myself today, only problem I'm having is get the tension on the belt, the water pump that came of was completely knackered and had done broken off

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

performancevw

what tool is used on the water pump to get the tension on the belt. and is it possible to tension the belt while the inner plastic cover is in place? cheers

steveo3002

long screwdriver or prybar to twist the water pump with the bolts slack..yes the inner cover isnt a problem

performancevw
17 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

long screwdriver or prybar to twist the water pump with the bolts slack..yes the inner cover isnt a problem

cheers