Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What grinds your gears

KOBpolo98

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wizardmanjm

• kwijibo_coupe

• steveo3002

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people's opinion of the police. For example I am a "member" on a pretty large car group based around Birmingham because I went to a meet once, every single day is someone being pulled for somet

A car related rant... People driving their car through massive puddles then wondering why their car suddenly doesn't work any more! I know a lot of people have been effected by flooding recently, and

hahah CASH pretty fortunate to not have to pay rent/mortgage at 40...but dont be too jealous its not some huge plush pad

wizardmanjm

Martin stew. ITV weather. Used to despise him. The way he talks and his expressions.

Now I've seen him so many times on TV it's not bothering me anymore. And that bothers me.

nige8021

2001 or newer car tax bandings !! I was offered a 2002 Mondeo estate 1.8 Tdi checked on the gov website and if it has 15" wheels it's £205 but if it has 16" the price jumps to £265

• Like 1
steveo3002

piggin torvill and dean on all these tv shows , yes okay you won a medal 30 odd years ago , drop it now no one wants to see you worn out has beens

get some young flesh on the tv please

wizardmanjm

piggin torvill and dean on all these tv shows , yes okay you won a medal 30 odd years ago , drop it now no one wants to see you worn out has beens

get some young flesh on the tv please

Yes. That women is horrible to look at.
nige8021

I was staying at the Metropole hotel in the NEC 20+ years ago when Orville & Dean got in the same lift, she was dog ugly even back then and the years haven't improved her

• Like 2

Drunk people

Tonight i did a few laps of the town and in traffic a drunk boy came up asking for a lift to a place mile away. Me and my mate told him nope and showed him were the taxis were but he wouldn't fuck off. So when traffic started moving again the delinquent ripped my passenger door open to try and get in (in the process tapping a van beside me) I was half way out of the car and got pulled back by a mate, safe to say drunk people are at the top of what grinds my gears at the moment

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Wanted to stamp on some idiotic dickhead about a year ago reversing out of mcdonalds car parkung space in a work van...saw him appear in my mirror and stopped about 2 foot or more away. But because he was drunk and he was thinking "he's not going to stop" I watched him in my mirror take a run up and boot the back of the van as hard as he could.... then I went into reverse maybe to hit him...then realised I'm at work and mcdonalds car park haha.

He came to the side after I poked my head out and shouted him over though, he kept putting his hands in the van trying to grab me or whatever and the steering wheel as if it would do anything....I managed a sly jab whilst trying to get him to piss off and the van also got its revenge when I flung it's door open as hard as I could and it just caught him in the jaw. (That might sound like I'm bad but trust me this guy was nothing but relentless and was screaming and trying at attack me the whole time lol )

wizardmanjm

...girlfriends parents. I wouldn't want to slate them too much. I've grew to like them but as much as I do love em there is the nagging.

1. The car. Always saying why do you spend money on that car etc every couple weeks Atleast I get it. The model car...why are you pissing about and spending money on that. I'm sorry but can't I have a hobby. And in all honesty I do spend a lot on the real car but it's bit my bit and I'm never spending big amounts. Back off.

2. God forbid you want a drink at night. Apparently the dog will wake up and not go back to sleep then make a racket and bark....this is despite me telling them I've done it a million times and the dog looks at you for a second and goes straight back to sleep. Doesn't even move. I should know working nights coming in at 3 in the morning etc.

3. Her mother will sometimes look at me and kick off randomly saying why am I being bloody miserable and I have been for days. Not knowing that I'm actually fine and just reading a magazine and maybe forgetting the day before we were all loud joking on and having a laugh.

There are lots and lots of examples but I would be here all night and we would run out of bandwidth.

kwijibo_coupe

I take it your live with your girlfriend and her parents then John?

I did that for a while, lived with my girlfriend and her mum. Which was fine, helped me sort out my finances until I could afford a place of my own again. But while I was there that alone annoyed me. No private space, didn't feel right just walking in and out of the house as I pleased. Also can't sit naked in front of the TV and bash one out.....

Then there was her dog, if you can call a tiny little Yorkie a dog. Whenever her mum was there the dog used to bark its head off at any slight noise in the house. Even just the pop/hiss of opening a bottle of Irn Bru would set her off! But when her mum wasn't there the dog was as quiet as a mouse!

Also since I was the only man in the house every single little job was left to me, which was fine but then I started getting volunteered for work at all of her mum's friends and neighbours which got pretty annoying after a while.

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Yeah Steven thats the situation, We are almost ready to jump on the property ladder but being in the south we are looking at nearly 300k for a first place...I've tried to persuade the misses to go to newcastle and we could have a penthouse on the tyne! doesnt work though.

On one hand it's okay, I get a share of the big driveway and they are fairly reasonable at time's but they have a LOT of pms moments, Luckily me and her dad share the responsibilities unlike you did and he's a great guy too who has taught me the way with many mechanics and electric work, Her mother is one of those demanding never happy people though and the house is always a project extending and things moving about...Partition wall went up about 6 months ago and its coming down again soon :|

I would have laughed at the bashing one out but I know your not lying haha And I thought Irn Bru before I even read it when I saw the words "pop/hiss of opening" :lol:

wizardmanjm

I have a Scottish pal that I met on the apprenticeship and we occasionally have a grump about this stuff on the phone once a week.

The mutual one we share is when someone is off work in the house and I have worked nights and maybe just got back at about 5-6 am. So I'm straight in bed and I wake up at about 12:00 midday. Have a cup of tea on the couch...then someone will come in the house and say "have you just sat there all day, you haven't done the dishwasher or tidied up a bit, the house is a mess". They forget that although I work Nights I still have to sleep and that 6 hours sleep is actually a lot less than they are getting every night!

And the expectation that all the burden's of housework are left on me because I'm there. All that means though is when they come back they get to sit on their arses while I'm getting ready for work again...never ending cycle. no rest lol

I mentioned this because I've heard some of my mates in the exact same position...anyone else working nights in this situation?

wizardmanjm

Expecting grief here

Justin Bieber

He did, but his new album has turned me into a Belieber. :rofl: Even music aside. The guy is younger than me and driving Lamborghini's and Ferrari's. Shags so many birds. More money than sense.

If I could have all he has and the majority of the male population hate my guts. Give me all of it and stick me in a gay red tracksuit and some gay Calvin Klein briefs too.

• Like 1
kwijibo_coupe

Yeah Steven thats the situation, We are almost ready to jump on the property ladder but being in the south we are looking at nearly 300k for a first place...I've tried to persuade the misses to go to newcastle and we could have a penthouse on the tyne! doesnt work though.

I would have laughed at the bashing one out but I know your not lying haha And I thought Irn Bru before I even read it when I saw the words "pop/hiss of opening" :lol:

£300k for house! And I thought £100k for the cheap houses up here was steep!

And you're right, anyone that knows me will confirm I'm not lying :lol:

I have a Scottish pal that I met on the apprenticeship and we occasionally have a grump about this stuff on the phone once a week.

The mutual one we share is when someone is off work in the house and I have worked nights and maybe just got back at about 5-6 am. So I'm straight in bed and I wake up at about 12:00 midday. Have a cup of tea on the couch...then someone will come in the house and say "have you just sat there all day, you haven't done the dishwasher or tidied up a bit, the house is a mess". They forget that although I work Nights I still have to sleep and that 6 hours sleep is actually a lot less than they are getting every night!

My mum has a very nasty habit of phoning me at 8-9am on a morning when I've just finished work. Usually by that time I'm in bed and sleeping and I always keep my phone on loud just in case I've forgotten anything in my handover to dayshift. She just cannot get her head around how nightshift works I think. :lol: What's more annoying is when I'm off work I never hear from her!

Expecting grief here

Justin Bieber

He did, but his new album has turned me into a Belieber. :rofl: Even music aside. The guy is younger than me and driving Lamborghini's and Ferrari's. Shags so many birds. More money than sense.

If I could have all he has and the majority of the male population hate my guts. Give me all of it and stick me in a gay red tracksuit and some gay Calvin Klein briefs too.

You've gone right down in my expectations John! Justin F*****g Bieber???

He is another example of a person (probably more so his management) who are clearly smarter than the rest of the population. So therefore absolutely minted!

On the subject of young stars getting so many birds, one of the Jordy Shore or TOWIE guys came up to Peterhead for a night out earlier this year. You've never seen so many 15-30 year olds in a small town dressed in absolutely nothing all offering themselves on a plate to one guy! Makes me sick! Have a little self respect!

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Haha I'm not ashamed Steven

Would you kill to be in that position though? I know I would, My mate in Scotland has promised me that girls would be all over me when I got to his party in March due to the accent...Not that it means much to me as I'm not a dog and my misses would cut my dick off haha

Edited by wizardmanjm
kwijibo_coupe

Tonight, I'm off work, been up since 9am with only a couple hours sleep. Been feeling tired all day thinking it will be nice to get to bed at a normal time and have a good sleep. Now I'm in bed I'm wide awake!

wizardmanjm

Lol that is the worst thing. Happened to me when I switched to day shift for my last week

Drove to Peterborough to stay the night last night en route to Newcastle as my mam lives here. Traffic was absolutely ram packed all the way on the M1. No accidents, nothing. Just queues. Took a lifetime to get anywhere and naturally their are people with fog lights on etc that I'm doing my nut at.

But then we went past an accident. As soon as we were a couple yards past the accident...no exaggeration the traffic accelerated to 70mph. BUT here's the thing. It was on the other side of the road coming in the opposite direction!

Why on earth do people slow down on a motorway to see an accident on the other side. We were literally doing 10mph. Is this what it's came to? The nation slowing down recording on their mobile phones whilst slowing down everyone else. Don't you have somewhere to be???

steveo3002

yeah madness , i spose if one in twenty brakes then it slows the whole road down

oooh loook wow a vectra with a flat tyre -must watch

what about those stupid overhead signs "slow 40 incident ahead" ok so some slow to 40 and the rest carry on steaming along at 80 so makes it more dangerous , then after miles and miles of warnings about whatever it goes off and there was nothing at all happening

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Yeah the overhead signs have never told the truth for me either. It's like that every night on the m25 but not one single person takes notice so it's more dangerous to go the same speed as everyone else. It seems on other motorways elsewhere they can actually read the signs though...just not 90% of London lol

steveo3002

do you obey the red speed limits on the m25 then wizard? seen a laot of cameras go off when we was round heathrow way once , but the orange one are not enforced right?