Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What grinds your gears

KOBpolo98

wizardmanjm

I'm only on the m25 for one junction and there aren't cameras on those gantries, anywhere else I obey no matter what colour it is as I don't know it as well. I'm still careful on the bit I use everyday as you never know...one day they might put up cameras so if I can slow down safely I will. Not sure on the differences between the colours

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wizardmanjm

• kwijibo_coupe

• steveo3002

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people's opinion of the police. For example I am a "member" on a pretty large car group based around Birmingham because I went to a meet once, every single day is someone being pulled for somet

A car related rant... People driving their car through massive puddles then wondering why their car suddenly doesn't work any more! I know a lot of people have been effected by flooding recently, and

hahah CASH pretty fortunate to not have to pay rent/mortgage at 40...but dont be too jealous its not some huge plush pad

kwijibo_coupe

I think the problem behind people slowing down isn't the fact that people are nosey although some are. It's the fact that there is so much traffic on the road following so closely that there is no room for people to slow down without a domino effect happening. So first person goes past the accident at 80mph, quick flash of the brake lights nothing more. The person behind them sees the accident and the brake lights of the car in front. So they take speed off. Then the next person sees 2 sets of brake lights and takes a little more speed off etc. etc. until the traffic is all bunched up doing 5mph. If people would leave decent gaps then this wouldn't happen as much.

• Like 1
steveo3002

umbrella users ...ffs look where youre going and show a bit of consideration for others that dare walk in the same street

nige8021

iPhones why can't they use normal USB connectors, just got a new one and the connectors different to my old one, so yet another charging lead !!

A little known fact is; Justin Bieber killed Tupac Shakur. Probably did Biggie too. Do not fuck with this guy, one look should tell you he's a bad ass G.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

eBay buyers who live 100 miles away and have no intention of ever collecting item that you have clearly highlighted collection only.

300k for a house what deposit would you need for that. I'm looking at getting our first home next year but looking at 160k (4 kids) but need at least 35k deposit.

wizardmanjm

Elijah it's about 15000 with natural but the interest is a bit rubbish so we are trying to get a 10 percent, actually works out cheaper if we get a big loan too because the loan interest and mortgage interest would be lower if we could pay about 20 pecent than paying a 10 percent mortgage deposit.

We are on the save to buy scheme which guarantees a mortgage providing no fewer than 3 payments aren't missed, it's a bit like an ISA

Sorry bit pissed that doesn't make much sense

wizardmanjm

Elijah...definitley not haha, apprenticeship wage although it will be good soon, I just skimp like mad so I can save a bit money. It's hards but I have a standing order so I don't see the money when it comes out

kwijibo_coupe

Probably going to see a lot of this in the next month or so.

Cars for sale that apparently need very little work to get them running and/or through an MOT. Half the time they also come with the parts supplied that they apparently need.

If you know what it needs and it is a simple fix, why not just do it? I know the usual excuses are no time and/or no money but I'd much rather spend one day working on a car and beg/borrow/steal £50 for an MOT so the car sells easier and for more money, than have the car sitting around for ages and you let it go for £5 and a Mars bar.

Also if you bought the parts then you most likely intended to fit them yourself so just do it.

Fair enough sometimes it is good for guys like me who are willing to do the work. I made a killing on a 6n once by buying it cheap with the parts it needed for the MOT supplied. I fitted said parts, it flew through and MOT and I pretty much doubled my money. So I don't see why the sellers of cars like this don't just do that?

I also have had my fingers burnt by buying cars that "just need a bit of work" and they turn out to be absolute sheds. So this makes me question every car that I see like this which is why it annoys me.

kwijibo_coupe

Didn't know it was as easy as that now! Didn't you used to need the currect V5 number too?

Very handy site!!

kwijibo_coupe

Just searched an MOT failure I found today, certainly a lot more on there than what he said on the ad....

There are some proper knobs out there, nothing is as it claims. Well, it's not that bad, but you've got to have your wits about you. My best successes, when buying cars (i've owned over 100 of them) were from auction. Reason is simple - you have absolutely nothing to go on, but for what you see.

Basically, ignore the seller completely. Just smile and wave. And make your own mind up based on your own inspection. And manage that inspection however you wish, resistant to intimidation or luring.

nige8021

The Post Office, this morning 28 people ahead of my ticket number, yet they only have 3 of the 9 counters in use !! and 5 members of staff milling around doing nothing productive!

steveo3002

^ is that one of the new serve yourself post offices?

one of the local towns has converted to this , so now its all the customers milling about confused while a couple of staff members work the machine for you , fkin crazy in there , i want to be served not use some mangey machine then if i press the wrong button they will pester for more money at the other end because i chose the wrong size etc

makes hermes seem easy when the guy fetches from the door step for under £3 F you post office

nige8021

^ is that one of the new serve yourself post offices?

one of the local towns has converted to this , so now its all the customers milling about confused while a couple of staff members work the machine for you , fkin crazy in there , i want to be served not use some mangey machine then if i press the wrong button they will pester for more money at the other end because i chose the wrong size etc

makes hermes seem easy when the guy fetches from the door step for under £3 F you post office

No, it has4 of those *kin useless machines!! that they keep pestering you to use, but I need to buy quantities of stamps for the membership packs, so I use the normal counters, then they try and sell you life/pet/house insurance, and generally waste your time !!

MyHermes are great, I've got a drop off shop 20 yards from my flat, just drop it in there, they give me a receipt and off it goes :)

kwijibo_coupe

House prices!

Taken from the Mk2 G40 rebuild thread.

I was 25yo with a good job in 1997 when property was worth nothing. If i'd have bought a house with a double garage then, i'd have paid the mortgage off by now and own it outright. I didn't. Within five years property tripled and i couldn't even afford a flat. I still rent.

I was only 10 years old in 1997, but when I was old enough to buy a house I didn't. Spent money that wasn't mine on cars, booze and women! Ten years later I can hardly afford a one bedroom house let alone one with a garage, earning over double what I was ten years ago! I still rent, it is a mugs game but I don't have a choice. Also the more I save for a deposit the more expensive houses become, a vicious circle. You wouldn't believe the money I've got sitting...but the bank won't give the the time of day!

My advice for anyone that has money, buy a house, doesn't matter what it is as long as it is in a liveable condition just buy it. Work hard and save hard and after a few years buy another house and rent one of the houses out. Do it right and the rent from one will pay the mortgage on both. Relax and enjoy the rest of your youth safe in the knowledge you always have an income from your rented house.

Really this rant is also about people like myself who were stupid with money when they were younger. Yes it is a good laugh, but you certainly pay for it when you get older!

The Post Office, this morning 28 people ahead of my ticket number, yet they only have 3 of the 9 counters in use !! and 5 members of staff milling around doing nothing productive!

Just do what I do and go in 5 minutes before closing, they become amazingly efficient.

If you're feeling like being a total bastard, it's a really good time to ask about Pet insurance.

• Like 3
steveo3002

house prices , when i started work say early 90s you could buy a 3 bed repo for under 10k plenty of choice for 10k really and no one was snapping them up , trouble was i was earning £50 as a trainee lol

dont be too jealous of so called home owners , most of them will be paying off a huge mortgage for years and years , lose your job and say bye bye to the house and all you paid into it

herrdavies

House prices!

Taken from the Mk2 G40 rebuild thread.

I was 25yo with a good job in 1997 when property was worth nothing. If i'd have bought a house with a double garage then, i'd have paid the mortgage off by now and own it outright. I didn't. Within five years property tripled and i couldn't even afford a flat. I still rent.

I was only 10 years old in 1997, but when I was old enough to buy a house I didn't. Spent money that wasn't mine on cars, booze and women! Ten years later I can hardly afford a one bedroom house let alone one with a garage, earning over double what I was ten years ago! I still rent, it is a mugs game but I don't have a choice. Also the more I save for a deposit the more expensive houses become, a vicious circle. You wouldn't believe the money I've got sitting...but the bank won't give the the time of day!

My advice for anyone that has money, buy a house, doesn't matter what it is as long as it is in a liveable condition just buy it. Work hard and save hard and after a few years buy another house and rent one of the houses out. Do it right and the rent from one will pay the mortgage on both. Relax and enjoy the rest of your youth safe in the knowledge you always have an income from your rented house.

Really this rant is also about people like myself who were stupid with money when they were younger. Yes it is a good laugh, but you certainly pay for it when you get older!

This is true, I'm close to looking for one with my girlfriend soon, but that's only because my parents are stumping up a fair chunk of change to help...

It's frustrating being in to cars and realising I can't buy stuff because I need to save. Having said that, having a house will finally give me the space to take the breadvan off the road for a bit and do the things I want to do. I struggle to get substantial jobs done thanks to it being my daily.

wizardmanjm

Yeah it is a vicious circle as has been said, we've been putting money away a few years but the situation with her parents Isn't so bad that we need to get out.

We do think time to time of just getting a one bedroom for 200 or just under and getting on the property ladder, plus the bigger deposit we can pay on a cheaper property the better the interest will be and then after ten years we would have a big enough chunk to do a much bigger house. Either that or she mans up and comes to newcastle which won't happen.

Being in network rail I have almost got an option of moving where I want in the UK and they will even take my work days as interviews. It's the misses that's stopping me

steveo3002

would you get the same wage ooop north as down here? you could live like a king for the same money

why dont show the mrs what sort of bumhole flat you can pay for down here , then take a look at some houses for the same coin up north , id live there no bother if i could secure a good job