KOBpolo98

What grinds your gears

steveo3002

^ yep stuck behind some stupid woman in a big posh merc creeping along at 25 ffs , then you have to somehow merge with trucks doing 60+

KOBpolo98

6n gearboxes, the complete bundles of shit, busted another gearbox today (my fourth gearbox in a year). The gearboxes are like paper!

Dean
1 hour ago, KOBpolo98 said:

6n gearboxes, the complete bundles of shit, busted another gearbox today (my fourth gearbox in a year). The gearboxes are like paper!

Wow that's beaten me, done 2 in a year. I've had 3 6n's, my last two both needed two gearboxes.

The only real way you will get over this issue is to have the gearbox done by an old boy in his shed who replaces all the weak parts with uprated ones. Or find a company that will charge £££..

jonPDpolo

Thought of a good one for thread resurrection....

When the diff in my ATV box decides to melt :tongue:

Yeti

To be fair, it has been a couple of weeks since you last changed the gearbox! 

jonPDpolo

The 8P is doing alright, don't jinx it! :tongue:

wavepacer

I hate people who don't follow simple traffic rules.

kwijibo_coupe

People like us in car clubs that don't want to travel to meets/events. 

You're interested in cars, a cars main purpose is to transport people from one place to another quickly. 

But it seems people will only go to big events that are on their doorstep, because they don't want to travel 😕

kiran_182

I did a 4hr drive to a scirocco meet and 4 hours back  in my polo, not sure id do it again though

Maybe somthing closer

kwijibo_coupe
On 25/04/2019 at 09:05, kiran_182 said:

I did a 4hr drive to a scirocco meet and 4 hours back  in my polo, not sure id do it again though

Maybe somthing closer

Maybe my views are different because I have to travel for meets. The closest car meet venue for me would be Aberdeen which is a 70 mile round trip, but I'd also think nothing of doing double or triple that and still class it as a local meet.

But I don't get those who say an hours drive or whatever is too far for a meet. We're lucky in the sense that our hobby is also our mode of transport to these meets but people don't seem to be willing to use them for their intended purpose. 

Yeti

It's the thing with growing up in the middle of nowhere. I class anywhere that's a 2 figure mileage as local. 😂

Yeah, it's easier for me now I'm driving a modern car (15 year old modern car). Doing 100 miles in my mk2 when I was younger was always a complete lottery! 

steveo3002

ive driven miles to car shows /meets and theyve been total poo (not been to cpolo ones)  so very wary of wasting time and money to possibly stand in a car park and watch kids skid about or redline their mums 1.0ltr car

Jim1500

I've had over 20 years of doing shows all over the place to the point where I've just gotten sick of them and a lot of the scene muppets who attend them just to snigger and pick holes in other cars.  That and having 4kids now makes it harder to get away for a whole day and if the show's crap it's a day wasted!

Only really attended a few small local club meets over past few years. Got to the stage I want my cars to drive and enjoy myself really 😎 (grumpy old git that I am 😁)