Sign in to follow this  
harris.racing

Rolling Road Morning - 30th Jan 2016 Running List

Yeti

I think Aldon appreciate knowing a rough number up front.

We need to know number of club members who will be taking advantage of the discount, so we can work out how much money the club has to give Aldon.

dvderlm

.. and we had a barbecue one year, rather than the lovely sandwich van.

Yeti

Think it's butty van this year.

If you're lucky (and your suspension isn't), I'll let you follow me to the pub for lunch again. :)

Hopefully Burnt Tree's a bit quieter, or they've finished those roadworks.

dvderlm

Oh, please no, not the "who needs a satnav?" route.

Sadly don't think I'm gonna make it. There's an MOT between now and RR date, and car still not fully run in.

philpheasant

1. harris.racing/BMW E46/Member
2. Yeti/ibiza/member
3. MikeyMK/Polo/Member
4. 86c/???/Member
5. R10tz0r/6n 16V/Member
6. B-shaw/Baguette/Member
7. MaxGT/Golf/Member
8. jonPD/Scirocco RE2000/Member
9. Liz/6n 1.4 16V / Member
10. .?? Me

11. Vic/Polo Mk2/Member

12. Philpheasant/Skoda fun/ Member

• Like 1

Yeti

Sadly don't think I'm gonna make it. There's an MOT between now and RR date, and car still not fully run in.

Beats the official clubpolo/jonpd "I live round here" route everytime :)

jonPDpolo

Beats the official clubpolo/jonpd "I live round here" route everytime :)

I even said, leading convoys isn't my forte, especially if I know the area as I'll just disappear off down side roads :lol:

Yeti

Brierley Hill high street, round the top of merry hell, aim for burnt tree, but nip off round the estate if the traffic looks bad, Birmingham road and you're there.

I can't lead though, my experience of convoying around Birmingham is based purely on tradeplate driving, which follows a different rulebook ;)

MikeyMK

I just follow Vic, stops me getting there at 2pm..

Although I might struggle this year - i did actually get it running briefly but i've got serious teething problems, like the early rear wiring loom isn't proving compatible and is causing all sorts of behaviour (boot mounted washer bottle version), main tensioner came loose, Bosch 2F fuel pump leaks and the facet is temperamental so i'm waiting on a new pump, split brake line near the back, minor stuff like that.

It'd be okay if I had a day off before Saturday to sort it all, but no, so who knows.

Cookie

Is anyone from the club welcome to turn up?

• Like 1

nige8021

Is anyone from the club welcome to turn up?

Most certainly :) you don't have to put your car on the rolling road, just come along and have chat, put some faces to names

Jake

Everyone and anyone Polo related!

MikeyMK

Well mine was ready this afternoon, spent it doing brakes, exhaust, and stuff. Only for me to lose a spark whilst tuning the ignition before taking it out for an evening run.

It was running fine yesterday, but the new dizzy was a little too advanced at full reach. No worries, the slots on the old one are opened up a bit more. Tried that, spark was dim, then lost it completely, and on new dizzy it's still gone, too.

I'll have a look first thing in the morning, but i don't have a spare coil, so it's looking like the clubpolo event jinx lives on.

Buggirl

Guys, I won't be at this one I am sorry. Got to work now!

• Like 1

Jake

No worries BugGirl.

Top turn out and a wide range of Polo's and other cars on today, alot with good power too!

Yeti

A big thanks to everyone who came. We really appreciate it.

Also my apologies to anyone who was standing behind the Ibiza while it was on the rollers. If you couldn't see the screen (or the car), it's somehow still got the 130hp it was born with :badgrin:

r10tz0r

Thanks for today guys, really enjoyed it, put a few faces to cars/usernames. Didn't get the result I wanted but gives me a starting point to work with, shame I had to leave at 1 but I needed to scuttle back under the thumb!

schneil

88bhp, which I'm quite pleased with. I need a higher rev limit!

• Like 2

Liz

shame we didn't know before hand, i could have brought you up my 8k chip to try and do another run with see how it compared!