Sign in to follow this  
Dean

ClubPolo Member Map - Locations

Dean

ClubPolo have introduced a new feature to the forums: Members Maps!

Member Map is an application that allows your users to put their (Exact or approx) location onto an interactive Bing Map.
This also allows us to add custom locations so our members can find our yearly meets/shows ie - The Polo Social & ClubPolo Rolling Road.

Features include:

• Bing Map Support
  • Auto Center & Zoom on Locations
  • Notification Support for when friends update their location
  • Mini-map on users profile page
  • Mobile Skin support (New)
  • Geolocation support - Add location via GPS/cell sensor (New)

How do I use this?

• Simply click the members map in the menu bar or click here
  • Click add location on the right side, eg - Postal Code, Borough, City etc.
  • Once you've added your location click save!
  • Refresh the page to see your location and others on the map!

Please remember you do not have to put your exact location, or even add one at all. But we see this being a great way to know where someone is selling and where our yearly shows and meets are!

Any questions please leave a comment, enjoy!

• Like 2

Dean

We've updated our MemberMap to the latest version giving our users a lot more control.

All members will be able to add their location to the map if they so wish, you'll also be able to add shows you attend (please remember to add address details). Anyone with Vag-Com can also add themselves.

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/membermap/

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/membermap/markers/

Groups:

Members

ClubPolo

VCDS

Shows

Please feel free to add to the map!

caretakerplus

Hi Dean,

Just a thought, but although this is a good idea, could there not be a security risk here?

What I am thinking, is that someone might make a note of your location whilst you are away from home and then make an 'unwanted visit' to your address.

I hope that I am wrong about that, as I can see the positive value of the idea.

Regards

Dean
2 hours ago, caretakerplus said:

Hi Dean,

Just a thought, but although this is a good idea, could there not be a security risk here?

What I am thinking, is that someone might make a note of your location whilst you are away from home and then make an 'unwanted visit' to your address.

I hope that I am wrong about that, as I can see the positive value of the idea.

Regards

Only you have the power to add a location, which is no different to the input box on your profile. You do not need to give an address, not even a postcode if you do not wish. Simply enter an area, borough or city, or enter nothing at all.

It's mainly there to see who is in your area and to build up local meets or for selling items so people can get a rough idea of your location.

steveo3002

think this ought to be dumbed down   a bit , just browsing and some guys add almost pinpoints his house , if its wheels for sale or something it wouldnt take much to ride up that street and break into the shed at the house with a polo in the driveway

map showing the town /village is plenty enough 

Yeti

You can make it as accurate as you want when you add yourself, if you just want to put the town, that works, but it will show as a precise location Google decides on, somewhere in the town. 

Mine is a full post code for my work address, nip round any time!

• Like 1

Dean
On 26/01/2016 at 20:43, Dean said:

Please remember you do not have to put your exact location, or even add one at all. But we see this being a great way to know where someone is selling and where our yearly shows and meets are!

Any questions please leave a comment, enjoy!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this