Doily

5 YEAR OLD PROOF OF NO CLAIMS BONUS

Doily

My daughter wants to buy insurance a for car she has just purchased. She's not owned a car for 5 years. In that time she has been a named driver on my policy, has resided in the UK and has not had any crashes or convictions.

Does anybody know an insurance company that will give a NCB based on the 5 year old proof of no claims bonus letter from her last insurance company? Thanks.

daz_derby

i was under the impression that it was only valid for a year and after that time all ncb are null and void

Dean

Depending on insurance company, it will only be valid for the last one/two years from when the last policy ended. So she'll have to start again from scratch.

kbs

Hi,

As far as I can tell - NCB is just insurance company bullshit to allow them to sell you an additional insurance (to protect your NCB - your policy still rockets in the case of an accident but you still have your NCB).

These dishonest lowlifes will tell you that NCB from one policy can only be used on one policy.

IE if you want NCB on two cars, the NCB must be built up on two policies (however, a claim on one policy will cancel the NCB on both).

So, buy a second car, get a quote using your NCB (that is already in use on your first policy).

Now call them back and tell them you can’t use that NCB (its already in use). Suddenly an introductory offer is found that equates to the same as the NCB you were offered.

Call back again, tell them you no longer have the other policy and want to use the NCB (together with the introductory offer) – surprise !! It’s no cheaper.

In my experience so far, they don’t give a f*** about NCB figures BUT they do care when you last actually made a claim.

If you’re having difficulties, go through a broker – Better ones will confirm NCB is mainly about extracting further monies from the unsuspecting and trusting (much like the laughable ‘legal cover’ options offered by most of these foul parasites).

Historically, insurance companies would try to give the impression that you had to keep continuous insurance to maintain the NCB – leading the trusting to beleive that (over the next two years) it will be cheaper to keep the insurance running rather than just buying what you actually need.

It’s just bullshit rules they make up to ensure a snout full of nuts every time they visit the trough.

• Like 1

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi,

I can't think of any insurers we deal with that would accept the NCB from 5 years ago I'm afraid. Some of our schemes will offer some forms of introductory discounts though if proof of the out of date NCB can be provided.

If you'd like any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

harris.racing

Really annoys me the NCB thing.

Here's a made up but realistic example

Phone up to insure second car.

"How many years NCB do you have?"

"3 years"

"Are they on another car/policy"

"Yeah"

"Then we can't accept them"

"Why?"

"Well they're in use on another policy and can't be duplicated"

So, that means you have 0 NCB? No, you have 3 years NCB, meaning you have been driving 3 consecutive years without a claim, just because you're taking out a second policy how on earth does that mean you then have 0 NCB? You don't, you still have 3 years...I don't get the logic at all!

• Like 4

xumado

Really annoys me the NCB thing.

Here's a made up but realistic example

Phone up to insure second car.

"How many years NCB do you have?"

"3 years"

"Are they on another car/policy"

"Yeah"

"Then we can't accept them"

"Why?"

"Well they're in use on another policy and can't be duplicated"

So, that means you have 0 NCB? No, you have 3 years NCB, meaning you have been driving 3 consecutive years without a claim, just because you're taking out a second policy how on earth does that mean you then have 0 NCB? You don't, you still have 3 years...I don't get the logic at all!

I've had this exact problem for two years!! I run 4 motors and have done for over 2 years, I can use my 4 years NCB on one, however I cant on any other. BUT the policies I have set up allow me build a NCB on my other vehicles. So as of renewing my insurance the beginning of this month. I have 4 years NCB on my GT, 2 years NCB on my volvo, 1 years on my bready and 0 on my MGA as thats on a classic where i cant get a NCB for it. Although if I leave my policy setup I can guarantee that I will lose all the extra NCBs I've accumulated running separate policies, so if i change my policy i will just have my 4 years on my name, not the extras that my cars have. Utter crap if you ask me. If you have a NCB, then it should be for all vehicles..

Edited by xumado

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.