Sign in to follow this  
6nPoloJake

'98 Polo 6n 1.0 L Full Respray

6nPoloJake

Hello, thought I'd share with Club Polo, me and my dads project of respraying my first car, a 1998 Polo 6N 1.0L.

Short story of how it ended up in my ownership...

It's one owner from new, an old bloke bought it brand new back in November 98, and ran it till he gave up driving a couple of years ago, and it was salvaged by my dad,

as I was basically about to turn 17, I asked him if I could have it, it was either a Polo or 1999 fiesta, I chose the polo because its interior was clean as whistle, basically brand new because of the seat covers. The outside however... it was parked up under a tree for over a year, so there was a serious amount of green which came off the car when it was steam cleaned. I passed my test at the end of January and off I was in my little red polo!

2 months later...

I'm pretty sick of the bodywork on the car now, the lacquer was already coming off everywhere, and its just an eye-saw. Dad told me to get prepping the outside, so i roughly sanded most of the car off in a day. drove it around for a bit with the 'rat look'. Now though is where the final preparations are taking place for it to be painted... I say final preparations, turns out the car is obliterated with tiny little dents everywhere as we sand it down, these all have to be filled up of course because my dads a perfectionist and clearly doesn't want to spoil his reputation when I'm a driving around example of his work (he prepares and resprays cars for a living by the way). The original colour of the car is (i believe) 'Flash Red', we're painting it in Alfa Romeo Rosso red, because he has loads left over from painting a Alfa Sprint Veloce. I reckon this will make it look pretty sharp.

Today...

I fitted FK Automotive Coilovers all round, bought them from a nice bloke called Matt in Lee-on-Solent, also bought some Golf Mk2 GTI 14" Steels from him, tried those out on the car and they look awesome with the car lowered too. That's about as far as we've got at the moment. Will update and include pictures ASAP.

Thanks for reading : )

post-923392-0-54304900-1459456992_thumb.post-923392-0-17889400-1459457318_thumb.post-923392-0-52270000-1459457335_thumb.post-923392-0-89343600-1459457552_thumb.post-923392-0-47008900-1459457902_thumb.post-923392-0-18220100-1459457998_thumb.

madnemo

Welcome to the club :smile: . Good work soo far and its going to look stunning in rosso red :wub:

6nPoloJake

The Polo is finished! In it's dark red with Golf GTI Mk2 Steels. @ Rockingham Motor Racewaypost-923392-0-37684800-1460481963.jpg

madnemo

MORE PICS 8>)

herrdavies

MORE PICS 8>)

Hear, hear! :-p

RazorRC

Looking good :D doing the same to mine soon.