Black GTI

NickHardcastle

Bit of an update that's not really an update.. 

Pulled the plug for now on the graphics.. Not sure if I'd ruin the car with them and not sure what route to take with the vinyls etc.. 

Using the money I had for the vinyls to put into some performance parts, and save up for something a bit more special in terms of a wrap :D

• Like 2

Hi everybody!!! I'm Andres from Mexico City and in 15 days I will receive my 3 Door Polo GTI, I want to use the RaceChip or APR Repro but some one told me that the 7Speed DSG will not support the torque, have you heard or have any experience with the 7 Speed DSG with ten car reprogrammed?

13 hours ago, Andres Tamez said:

Hi everybody!!! I'm Andres from Mexico City and in 15 days I will receive my 3 Door Polo GTI, I want to use the RaceChip or APR Repro but some one told me that the 7Speed DSG will not support the torque, have you heard or have any experience with the 7 Speed DSG with ten car reprogrammed?

Morning Andres, 

I have been speaking to APR current about the maps, and there are still a few development issues with the stage 1 re-maps. As far as I'm aware, there are two separate maps - one for the DSG and one for the manual gearbox. Personally, if you're thinking Stage 1 I'd leave it for a month or two to let the development get finalised, but there's no issues with the DSG gearbox handling the power, as there is a specific map for it. The calibration issue is basically just there's a drop off in boost at top end RPM.

With any luck, APR will be using my car for the development for the Stage 1 calibration, so I should be able to comment on it in the near future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NickHardcastle said:

Morning Andres, 

I have been speaking to APR current about the maps, and there are still a few development issues with the stage 1 re-maps. As far as I'm aware, there are two separate maps - one for the DSG and one for the manual gearbox. Personally, if you're thinking Stage 1 I'd leave it for a month or two to let the development get finalised, but there's no issues with the DSG gearbox handling the power, as there is a specific map for it. The calibration issue is basically just there's a drop off in boost at top end RPM.

With any luck, APR will be using my car for the development for the Stage 1 calibration, so I should be able to comment on it in the near future. 

Thanks for the info! I'll be waiting to hear from your comments!

• Like 1

Another quick update.. Car is booked in next week for a development re-map which should bump the car up to around 240/250bhp - just waiting on final confirmation from the calibrators in America, and dump valve should be fitted at the same time too, so will get a video of the sound etc.. and also of the acceleration. Hopefully everything will get confirmed and get sorted. Next on my list will be VW Racing lowering springs. 

Still getting a few designs drawn up for some cool graphics, but still can't make my mind up what I want! Cant wait for everything to come together. :D

• Like 2

looking forward to the updates (not a fan of graphics as a rule tbh, but the mods sound very promising)

Well, only one more sleep till I get my car. Map and dump valve been fitted and all sounds very promising. No issues found on the road test and the calibration issue seems to have been fixed and the cars ready to go. 

Still waiting for APR America to sign off the overall development for public sale, but all should be good for that, but the cars good to drive anyway. 

Will find out final figures tomorrow, but expecting in the region of 240-250bhp :D 

Going be like a kid at Christmas going to sleep tonight!!!! 

• Like 1

WOW. WOW. WOW. 

If you think it's quick standard, you need to try this map! Only got stage 1 on there, but it's running around 242bhp. Running slightly higher on temps on the dyno, but everything fine on road test. And even the dyno figures weren't anything to worry about. But it's insane! Sooooooo quick and the BOV sounds awesome. :D:D

• Like 1

Dyno graph for the map. Car has APR stage 1 map, KMS cat-back & Forge Motorsport BOV. No other performance mods on the car. Running 99ron fuel. 

Had another file added to it today just to smooth the power out top end, but it's not improved performance so didn't re-dyno. 

20ce7913-11eb-4a07-8c9d-f98c779a3efc.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First post! 

Just ordered a very similar car, I've gone for the Alcantara trim mind you. Won't get it until September! I'm so excited!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All I am going to say is new wheels have been ordered!! 

More updates in the near future, but it's probably going to be a week or two before they are fitted :D

Few slight updates: 

Gave the car a quick clean, wheels have arrived to be fitted over next few days, added a few little bits to back of the car and a private plate has been ordered. Private plate will P0l0 NJH. Cannot wait!!

02eb4096-2d53-4ebc-94d8-57b0b0b5a670.jpeb06fb2f3-31ba-4552-91a9-7a89917dc646.jpeee76f08f-5100-4d23-90f2-147ecd37e264.jpe

image.jpeg

NEW PLATE :D can't wait get it officially registered onto the car! ?

• Like 1

So after a 12 hour day, driving 200miles to source bolts and spacers, cleaning the car, fitting wheels, de-tinting the rear lights and slipping lunch in there too.. The car is finally ready for Inters tomorrow with the wheels on. Nothing like being last minute :P

Car is currently tucked away in the garage from the rain, so will get some proper pics tomorrow :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cars back in garage next week.. Down pipe, de-cat, intercooler and stage 2. Need to source an air filter as my next job, then onto water methanol injection. Probably go clutch after that, depending on it holds with the power. Do suspension then as well.

Also toying with a bigger turbo and upgraded brakes. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Exhaust now fitted and re-mapped, along with a Forge intercooler. The car is crazy with the speed and the exhaust is out of this world. Would love to hear it on a DSG with the "DSG farts", would sound epic. Seriously recommend KMS Motorsport in Wigan to anyone - APR registered dealer too. Just need to wait for a filter to be developed, which according to ITG should be very soon as they're finishing their development on it. Just need to sort suspension, and potentially look at a Water/Methanol injection kit - just need to find someone to potentially custom map or tweak the current map. Toying with stripping the back out, roll cage, seat and harness but will see :pardon:

Will get it dyno'd soon and post a graph. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Couple of updates.. 

After only a few months I've managed to break my splitter :-( so new one on order to make it look mint again. 

IMG_1526.JPG

Also so added an air intake today. The noise is what you expect and I love it! Just feel the car become that little more responsive too. 

IMG_1571.JPG