Sign in to follow this  
CraigAnderson

Cbr600 keihin carbs running problems

CraigAnderson

I know there's a huge section in FAQ about bike carbs but I was wondering where the carb balancing kits connect to on keihin carbs cus I don't have vacuum pipes on my inlet, Cus I don't want to buy a balancing kit and I got no wear to connect them to ? Plus my car keeps popping loudly and coughing and spluttering and shooting flames from the inlet, It sounds almost like the spark is out but timing of the engine is spot on but I guess its because my carbs are not balanced. I have a remote fuel regulator set for 2.5bar and any higher fuel pours out the tiny brass tubes as am guessing that's the overflow. 

Am running 150jets and needles are untouched on top

13184567_1282605651754397_438069966_o.jpg

dvderlm

If you can find take off points, or just rest tube ends in the inlet throats and hold in place with clothes pegs, this solution works well...

$1.55 carb balancer

http://powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

actually might cost a bit more if use green virgin olive oil to make the fluid more visible

dvderlm

2.5 bar ????

but that's 36 PSI over atmospheric. Arbroath is not that far above sea level surely...

None bike twin carbs need under 6psi (0.4 bar) fuel pressure.

Edited by dvderlm

CraigAnderson

I need new jets and pilot tubes for keihin vp carbs, And if you look at the picture should I have them extra wide holes on my pilot tubes ? 

WP_20160513_002.jpg