Sign in to follow this  
HugePonyFan

Cbr600 keihin carbs vacuum setting's

HugePonyFan

How many millimeters or inches of vacuum should I be setting my cbr600 carbs to on my gt ?
Should they all be sitting at 20 inches ( 500mm ) or is it less than this.

dvderlm

Have you got a normal camshaft?

I thought rule of thumb was to try for as high a vacuum you can get at idle (ideally with engine warmed wheels just off ground in high gear at around 10 mph with headlights on) then back off a fraction.

It needs to be equal for each cylinder and will be quite peaky so a gauge can read low. I'd expect at least 17in Hg or ignition timing is suspect or rings worn or new ones not bedded in. 

HugePonyFan

Its not a normal camshaft no its a proper gt engine and its not long been rebuilt after I got it, I know it has to be equal for each cylinder I just did not know what inch of vacuum to adjust to.

But all take your advice and adjust to as high as I can and all post back here.

HugePonyFan

Well the good news so far is that the cylinder head gasket is leaking oil down side of the block and the coolant tank has oil in it as well, plus its like a smoke screen at back end as well, So this maybe why am not getting the carbs balanced right. 

gonna have to bite the bullet and send the head of to an engineering company