alastairrigby

(Mods please move this post if it's not in the correct part of the forum)

Kind of a long one sorry but any help would be greatly appreciated

I've had my 9N3 for three odd years now and largely it's been spot on but for the past 6 months it's been a fucking pig.

Basically all started when I randomly got an EPC warning light out of nowhere, looked it up, replaced the brake switch and it was sorted but about a week later I got ABS warning light frequently and the power steering would cut out for no reason. However, if I turned the car on and off again it would be fine again immediately which showed me that it can't actually be a mechanical problem.

On top of this a lot of the other electrics were temperamental as fuck, such as the stereo cutting out for no reason and the interior light flickering like mad. I assumed it was a bad battery and replaced it, which solved nothing, since then, I've had another battery, replaced the alternator, cleaned all the ground points, and replaced the positive and negative cables. For a couple of days it was spot on but tonight the headlights randomly cut out as I was driving and it took a good few tries to turn them on and off again. I've reached a point now where I feel like I'm just throwing money at the problem to no avail and everybody seems to have a different idea what it might be and it's simply not worth sinking that money into a bog stock 3 cylinder 9n3.

If anybody has any ideas what it could be it would be brilliant because I'm at my absolute wits end, my brain's fried at thinking what it could be and I wanna sell the car asap but don't wanna sell it until I know the car is 100% reliable and safe and I'm not mugging anyone off.

Cheers :

AAASA

nige8021

Have you had the fault codes read ? as this might give a clue as to what's going on.