JoeUK

Been searching but can't find anything about it, it's meant to of been taken out of an ABD engine, can anyone confirm this? If so is there anything different about it to the 030AH? Thanks, Joe.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeUK

• kwijibo_coupe

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked the 030Q was from an ABD I'm sure. 

Not sure if it is any better than the 030AH, that is the 1.0 cam isn't it?

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm just going on the info in this Polo 8v camshaft numbers

That's good to hear though. Engine had a couple of small things that got me worried, ally cam cover (read ABDs don't normally have them) and a cam number i couldn't find but on the other hand the water pump is the tensioner and had a flat top cam belt cover. Wouldn't of been a concern if the engine code had made itself visible. Thanks though.

The alloy cam covers are sought after so may have just been swapped from another car. Nothing to worry about.

The best OEM cam to make the most of the engine is the GT cam though. Code 030AF.

Good, surprised about that cause they're pretty plain looking, will look nice painted or polished though.

A gt one is the plan although not many for sale right now.

Edited by JoeUK