Adrian9n3

Hello,

I've bought a 9n3 2009 1.2 recently its fully stock and i want to get into moding it, to start off i want to lower the car since it looks like a rabbit right now. 

should i go ahead with lowered springs or buy a set of coilovers. i looked at the JOM's and the eibach springs dont really know what to go for and what would be better. 

Also if i do get the springs i dont want to go too low to still keep it practical. Any opinions or advice would help since im new to all of this, just passed my driving recently, thanks. 

cheers.

yjRBq6P.jpg

Damian@DPM

You mentioned not wanting to go low, how low are you actually looking to go?

How many miles have your current dampers covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance 

9n3_Dave

I have just fitted Amax coilovers to mine and ive gone as low as they can go. Really has improved cornering performance from my perspective, but to be honest my old shocks were knackared anyway... It isn't too uncomfortable but it is bouncy. If you don't want to go low i would suggest buying some new shocks and lowering springs. 

Dave. 

Adrian9n3
9 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

You mentioned not wanting to go low, how low are you actually looking to go?

How many miles have your current dampers covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance 

i was thinking of dropping it to about 50mm front and 60mm rear would this be comfortable on coilovers and would it be practical?

ive got 65k on the clock and i dont think they have been replaced yet, bought the car a month ago. 

on top ive had a MOT service and this is what they stated

WueueFD.jpg

Adrian9n3
9 hours ago, 9n3_Dave said:

I have just fitted Amax coilovers to mine and ive gone as low as they can go. Really has improved cornering performance from my perspective, but to be honest my old shocks were knackared anyway... It isn't too uncomfortable but it is bouncy. If you don't want to go low i would suggest buying some new shocks and lowering springs. 

Dave. 

Hello Dave would you recommend buying the JOM's they seem to have good reviews and have a affordable price tag, is there any major difference between springs and coilovers in the ride?

thanks. 

9n3_Dave
9 hours ago, Adrian9n3 said:

Hello Dave would you recommend buying the JOM's they seem to have good reviews and have a affordable price tag, is there any major difference between springs and coilovers in the ride?

thanks. 

Yes, i think JOM's would be good, as you say they have good reviews. I went with the amax coilovers just because they were the cheapest i could get:D 

From my experience springs aren't as bouncy as coilovers, but then again you don't have the adjustability of a coilover if you get springs. 

Damian@DPM
14 hours ago, Adrian9n3 said:

i was thinking of dropping it to about 50mm front and 60mm rear would this be comfortable on coilovers and would it be practical?

ive got 65k on the clock and i dont think they have been replaced yet, bought the car a month ago. 

on top ive had a MOT service and this is what they stated

WueueFD.jpg

From what you've said I'd say go for coilovers then. 

Yes for the money the JOM kit is a good option and very popular - https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/volkswagen/polo/jom-blueline-coilover-suspension-kitpolo-9n-12-14-14tdi-gti-18t-19sdi-19tdi-1101 

Damian @ DPM Performance