OllyAutoGlanz

AutoGlanz | Mk2f Breadvan

OllyAutoGlanz

Hi Guys,

First off I’ll introduce myself. I'm Olly, I am the AutoGlanz "apprentice" and I own our Mk2f Breadvan project. I'm also Joe's (The Boss) younger brother. I've been lurking on here for a while now and decided it would be a good idea for us to become a sponsor. Anyway, onto the Breadvan.

I bought the Breadvan back in April with the intentions of having it as my first car without doing anything to it. However, that soon changed because it wasn't a very good image for the business, and I can’t help myself.

It's a 1993 1.0l Breadvan that had seen better days. The previous owner, who we know pretty well, decided it would be a good idea to attach a homemade bike rack to the roof using a drill and 8 10mm bolts. The bottom of both wings were rotten and the passenger side had taken a nice hit to the front corner of the wing. Other than that it was pretty solid and has only 57,000 on it. It did need a good clean though, but that's not a problem when you work for a car cleaning chemical company.

IMG_3008_zpsonqruiu3.jpg

IMG_3001_zps65g0gwwb.jpg

So, at the start of May i had this great idea that we should give the car a full respray before Waxstock on the 24th July and put it on a club stand for everybody to see. Let’s just say that the idea didn't go down well with Joe to start with, but he came round and agreed to be a part of the challenge. So i started off by buying 2 new wings and removing the old ones. I then thoroughly clean the inner arches and removed all of the wax oil so that it was ready for some paint. 

IMG_3009_zpshhwbz2sq.jpg

The first real progress was made when we painted the engine bay. With the limited time available we decided against taking the engine out so we will do this when we return from Waxstock.

IMG_3092_zpsolvxduz2.jpg

After this I bought wheels and lowering springs and shocks. The wheels were in a bad way so they have been refurbished now. The suspension was coated in our development ceramic and were left to cure.

image3_zpsur6rewtr.jpg

Next up i stripped, cleaned and prepped the interior ready for Joe to apply the paint. At the same time we painted under the rear bumper and inside of the wheel wells and the insides of the wings.

image4_zps9hgdrckh.jpg

IMG_3728_zpssapy68wf.jpg

IMG_3749_zpsmxt5mnsg.jpg

IMG_3757_zps9pizchka.jpg

IMG_3761_zpstyv9ys5k.jpg

IMG_3763_zpsac2xv5bu.jpg

IMG_3773_zpsqe5snwgp.jpg

Next up, getting the exterior ready for paint. We started off by deleting the rear wiper. We also removed the rear arch splats and welded up the holes. While the welder was out we welded up the 8 holes from the previous owners bike rack. We then shaped the whole of the exterior of the vehicle ready for it to have a couple of coats of high build primer.

20160626_101125203_iOS_zpsflkyzeme.jpg

20160626_161757486_iOS_zpsnjqofkmr.jpg

20160626_161806457_iOS_zpsjgs5o1my.jpg

20160626_161822604_iOS_zpsfojawdft.jpg

20160626_161840727_iOS_zpssex4i8f8.jpg

20160626_172026_zps4okxzonp.jpg

20160626_172045_zps2rgn4wsm.jpg

20160702_093332284_iOS_zpsjvnwdck1.jpg

20160702_093347659_iOS_zpszudowvrm.jpg

20160702_093516886_iOS_zpsabzokyrz.jpg

20160702_093508468_iOS_zps993anzsw.jpg

20160702_152303095_iOS_zpsa2awxrhb.jpg

20160702_152328661_iOS_zpshuxx71ka.jpg

Next up we fitted the suspension and gave all suspension parts a lick of paint. Here's after it was fitted.

20160708_143940173_iOS_zpsilm7s1pt.jpg

20160708_150142029_iOS_zpsbm24sazn.jpg

That's us pretty much up to date apart from the weekend just gone. The polo is now painted, with only just under 2 weeks until Waxstock.

20160709_163325840_iOS_zpsuhjq5cpm.jpg

20160709_170643905_iOS_zpsytftwdnj.jpg

20160709_170659433_iOS_zpsavghhne4.jpg

Thanks for reading, I'll update this when we get some more done.

• Like 6

JoeAutoglanz

A few update photos to follow this evening, keep an eye out.

OllyAutoGlanz

Another small update.

Received a couple of parcels today so got them fitted. I bought a new universal aerial so me and Joe decided to tackle that first. The fitment is pretty poor but it'll do for now.

729ba34805d5ee9426f1053b324b72e9.jpg

I then fitted my new clear indicators. Once again the fitment is pretty poor but the originals didn't fit that well anyway so they will do for the time being.

b48e5de22c6ea576564bdd8c3882f645.jpg

I then decided to get the tailgate built back up , then finished it off with my new pressed plates.

15e1a98a4f3b54bc1c024b44c9359eea.jpg

I also bought some aero wipers and got them fitted, although they will need to come back off so I can paint the wiper arms.

fe7372a00f318198c7edff5b3ac9594c.jpg

So that's it for tonight, I also got a few other bits fitted such as wing mirrors and check straps but didn't get any photos of them bits. Here's a photo of after I finished for the night.

a0f721d91e9f4d254d37f27b0f7e4a2d.jpg

More updates to follow shortly so stick around.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wizardmanjm

Love the colour! Looks bloody brilliant. Going to be so clean when done

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

herrdavies
9 hours ago, wizardmanjm said:

Love the colour! Looks bloody brilliant. Going to be so clean when done

Couldn't agree more. That looks absolutely smokin'.

Loving the work so far mate.

JoeAutoglanz

Cheers Guys, colour looks so nice in the flesh, really happy with it! Just need to get the dam thing built up and detailed now.

madnemo

That's beautiful and the fact you didn't  just spray just the outside you went all out spraying the inside too as it could come out the vw factory. Isit Manilla green?

Nimal

JoeAutoglanz
10 hours ago, madnemo said:
That's beautiful and the fact you didn't  just spray just the outside you went all out spraying the inside too as it could come out the vw factory. Isit Manilla green?

Nimal

Thank you nimal

It certainly is manilla green, love the colour.

Joe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

c.w.pritchard

Have an unused pattern part rear bread van bumper. Boxed and ready to go. Been asking £25. Photo too big for forum. Can email.

wizardmanjm

I came extremely close to buying a 5 door mk1 golf resprayed in manilla green! Lush colour.

Projordio

whens this coming back man, last time i saw of it was at ultimate dubs a few years back