sleag40

Vauxhall Cavalier

sleag40    58
sleag40
18 hours ago, Duffy said:

Great stuff!

Obviously completely horrified you didn't sort that during the big strip down!

:D

Haha! It was fine last year, the extra thousand miles done since last August must have worn it out!

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Nice work! I've driven the Mk1 Cavalier in Vauxhall's heritage collection - it's a decent drive, I was surprised at how good it felt. Vauxhall's Mk2 is an auto, though. I remember friends' parents having them when I was a kid. Felt like stepping back into something familiar, which the Mk1 didn't. 

Cheers Alex! The mk2 drives like a modern car - surprising given the 36 years since it's launch. The Mk1 is definitely from a different era though, I still prefer the way the Mk1 drives over the Mk2 - even though the Mk2 would be a lot nicer to live with day to day.

Edited by sleag40

sleag40    58
sleag40

Tax free status now achieved :) It wasn't as straightforward as it should have been though. I took all the relevant bumph to the Post Office, only to be told that for some reason or other they couldn't do it. A phone call to the DVLA revealed the reason why - they had the date of manufacture for the car down as 31/12/77. The car was registered on 04/01/77, so there had clearly been a mistake made somewhere! They couldn't sort it over the phone, so I had to post a V10, my V5C and a cover letter to Swansea, and a couple of weeks later, the job was done.

20170525_165948_zpskx0ndwsg.jpg

vladales    6
vladales

I am so glad that this project ended up this good. Well done, I like it so much. My project is still on hold, I am collecting parts. :)

sleag40    58
sleag40
On 20/06/2017 at 20:35, vladales said:

I am so glad that this project ended up this good. Well done, I like it so much. My project is still on hold, I am collecting parts. :)

Thank you kindly vladales! I'm looking forward to updates on your Zastava, hope you've been busy!

sleag40    58
sleag40

MOT done today, still pretty clean under there apart from some dusty bits! :)

20170810_081954_zpsx6ltfdaj.jpg