Shaneosmond

Bike carbs on automatic??

Shaneosmond

Hi all! Pretty new here and looking for some information before I get to work!

I have a 1999 vw polo 6n 1.4cl 8v automatic (no haters) I'm going to do a cbr600 bike carb conversation but I'm curious as to wether this is going to work with an automatic??? My main concern being the gears, due to it being automatic it has kick down and wondering if this is going to course any trouble? Not sure wether it's a complete different thing or not, but when kick down is activated is it to do with the acceleration cable system or through a button near the pedal? Any help would be appreciated guys

Thanks ?

nige8021

As it's a 99 is it a 6N1 or 6N2 ? as the autobox control is totally different between them

Do you know the engine & gearbox codes ?

Shaneosmond
15 hours ago, nige8021 said:

As it's a 99 is it a 6N1 or 6N2 ? as the autobox control is totally different between them

Do you know the engine & gearbox codes ?

I belive it's the 6n1 it's a 5 door

nige8021

Ok not the best drawing

Polo Speedos.png

For the engine code, look on the V5 logbook, the first three letters of the engine serial number is the code, or have a look in the boot area under the carpet, there should be a paper sticker this will have the engine & gearbox codes

Shaneosmond
18 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Ok not the best drawing

Polo Speedos.png

For the engine code, look on the V5 logbook, the first three letters of the engine serial number is the code, or have a look in the boot area under the carpet, there should be a paper sticker this will have the engine & gearbox codes

Hi the 1st 3 letters are APQ

Thanks