The Polo Social - 30th June - 02nd July 2017

nige8021

Supposed to be overcast without rain there right now. Hopefully clearing as the weekend goes on :)

See you all there :)

Cracking day as always! Thank you to everyone who organised it, was awesome! Determined to make it for the whole weekend next year :D 

• Like 4

A massive thanks to everyone who turned out, had fun and made the event. All we do is rent a field and put some stuff on it, without you supporting the event and making the atmosphere, we have nothing. 

It's been a complete change for us as the staff team, working with a new venue, and bringing stuff in that actually belongs to the club, rather than just giving a hire company a cheque. We haven't got everything right, thank you for bearing with us. I think I know what we need to do better, but all input is appreciated. 

A few people asked about the money we take for show and shine entries. The club does not keep this, and haven't done for a few years now. We rounded it up to the next hundred, and it is being split between our chosen charities (I'm on my phone, so can't do links).

Cancer Research

The Our Aim Appeal (kids cancer fund)

The latter aren't a massively Internet-savvy charity, but do have a read if you get 10 minutes, the work they do is so moving. My company support them, so on behalf of Our Aim, a massive thank you for supporting this donation. It will make a direct benefit to the lives of people who are going through some of the worst times in their life.  

Again thank you for this weekend, for your support, your positivity, for the laughs and the fun we have. 

• Like 3

Thanks to everybody who made the effort to come along and get involved, as Mr Yeti just said, the show is made by the people, the club just provides facilities to try and make it good for everybody.

As for the last few years we seemed to get a few great bits of sunshine to burn everybody before heading home! 

Great weekend by all, and we will be going through feedback forms to see where we can improve for next year!

PS, I have zero skin left on my elbows from the assault course!

• Like 3

Big thanks to all the staff for another brilliant weekend. The new venue worked out great. The countdown is on for next year. 

• Like 4

Thanks for a good weekend. Met some more nice Polo people and got some new ideas and a front grille with lights.

Next year I'm packing suncream no matter what the forecasts says.

Would "Back to black" work as sunblock?

@Dean:

Left at 8 am your time, arrived home at 8:30 pm your time. so 12 1/2 hours.

Was very tight to get the booked ferry, but i made it at 12:55... so what to expect on a monday morning...

Belgium's motorways were just full too. Instead of antwerp, my nav 1st time leaded me over brussels motorways. while i had a short break at a petrolstation there, the planed motorway got "closed" too.

So man i drove through the city of brussel through the smallest streets to another free motorway, but i was driving instead of beeing stuck on their motorways. *lol*.

Anyway, was a brilliant long weekend of vacation 4 me. Thx to all of cp who made that possible.

cheers

Christian

• Like 1

thanks to all the staff for organising a great weekend unfortunately back to work today

As @Yeti said, this year was new ground for all of us, and we thank you for understanding that not everything was quite right, we know the areas to improve and this will be addressed.  

A big thank you to those who took the time to fill in the feedback forms, and we will be looking into the suggestions you put forward, there were a few that were beyond us, "personal helicopters & hot-tubs" but the rest will be looked into for next year.

I'm going to Kelham next week for a de-brief with the managers there and will be airing the main complaints from the feedback forms and a few other items and hopefully sorting these out before next year.

Once again thank you all for coming, it's you guys & gals that make the event, and we hope to see you all (plus a few more) again next year. 

• Like 2

@Christian6N your commitment to your 6N and coming to the UK for Polo Show is admirable. 

How long have you been coming across for now? Must be 10 years? 

• Like 3

Christian is also the only person that has been coming to all the Polo shows/socials in the same car, he won't be able to see anything out of the rear windows for all the stickers soon!!! haha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey over there.

Yes @Liz, but i had no time and space to stick on this years sticker yet. :-(

So now my 2017 pictures are online, take a look at:

http://vwpolo6n.de/treffen/2017/polosocial.htm

061.jpg

037.jpg

032.jpg

042.jpg

Btw, did anybody noticed the presence of the young Axl Rose? :-)

265.jpg

cheers

Christian

Edited by Christian6N
  • Like 3