Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

kwijibo_coupe

So we are 4 episode in to The Grand Tour now, so is anyone else watching it? What do you think of it? 

Personally I'm loving seeing the three of them back together. The episodes so far have all been fantastic, full of laughs which is great. 

The one criticism I do have is the studio side of things seems very heavily scripted, like even more than it was on Top Gear. But apart from that is is great and definitely more entertaining than the new Top Gear.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwijibo_coupe

• randombadger69

• jonPDpolo

• m4ttyf

Top Posters In This Topic

randombadger69

Missed clarksons political comedy. I don't read or watch the news; so I miss the laughable shit he points out. 

Is a bit scripted; but I think it'll loosen up as they start to give less of a shit. James May looks the most uncomfortable, but I'm sure he'll warm up. 

Edited by randombadger69
jonPDpolo

I like the sort of more relaxed attitude they have now, though I agree on the lack of say current political/social commentary that was the 'news' section is missing, though Conversation Street has its moments but there does need to be less scripted stuff though as mentioned above, that will probably come with time

I'm already bored of the celebrity 'dying' joke, though the drone one at the start isn't too bad, haven't liked the 'american' from the start, I doubt he'll return for series two, surely there's a crop of ex racing drivers who would fancy a crack at it, Jenson Button for one would at least be mildly entertaining...

I think the thing thus far is that BBC 2 threaten legal action over any sort of hilarity they may have used on top gear and that's sort of slowing things down however I'm sure they'll perk up when they realise some are idle threats 

kiran_182

the web pased programming allows for content the bbc couldnt put out like the celeb deaths and swearing

you dont notice how much input people have into a program till they move

scripted as awlways but thatll loosen up in time. there may be time restictions in place from their old contracts stopping them doing certain things. the bbc dont own car related news