Sign in to follow this  
Welington

Clutch plate after superchip

Welington

Hello there, ive got a question regarding clutch plates after the superchip has been added, the polo in question is a 9n3 1.4 tdi 2006 believed to be a single mass but i could be wrong as i haven't checked and i also haven't checked the engine code, i know it may be difficult to pin point anything as of the moment but i would like to know if i need any fancy clutch plates (as mine is slipping) and i don't want to buy the normal plate and have it slip again due to the extra torque ! if it is a single would it be possible to perhaps send me a link to one and also a link to a dmf one too ? cheers guys ! 

caretakerplus

I would very much doubt that chipping it has given you enough extra torque to make the clutch slip - It is far more likely that the clutch would have slipped anyway.

Make sure that the clutch has clearance before you completely condemn it. It may also pay to check that the clutch cable isn't binding in the outer cable.

Regards

Welington

Thank you for the reply ! I got myself a clutch kit anyways because after some ragging about its pretty clear that it is the clutch that is nearly dead