Francis Tracey

Polo 6n2 grinding noise as I turn anyway to the left

Francis Tracey

IMG_20170218_102143.png.f17f6982b8617d2feb0e3874633ad304.pngWell lads new to this site have a 6n2 for nearly 2 years now any problem I was able to sort easy but this is just driving me mad now . . . have a horrible grinding noise coming from my driver side as I turn left not just on full lock anyway to the left or sometimes as I go straight its not my drive shaft that used to rub when I had it on 14s but have the car higher now cos have bigger wheels . . . any one have any ideas what it could be?

• Like 1

davidw123

Hiya, any mudflaps? They could rub going straight when going over bumps.

Francis Tracey

No no mudflaps its a steel on steel noise . . . under the car at the moment hopefully will find out what it is . . .

jeepster

I had this issue, made a horrible squealing (graunching) sort of noise, it turned out to be the hub had worn loose in the bearing (too much hard cornering I think) and it caused the outer cv joint to rub on the hub carrier (you could see where it had left a clean steel ring through the rust). Needed a new hub and wheel bearing (as you usually have to break the bearing to get the hub out) - if you're not sure if that is the problem I would get someone at a garage to have a look first.

Unless you have tools to press in the new hub and bearing you're better off going to a garage and getting them to do it. I think the parts would be around £50 from GSF / Euro Car Parts, plus a couple of hours labour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Hub-Meyle-1004070063-Fits-Front-/221631337849?fits=Model%3APolo|Plat_Gen%3A6N2&hash=item339a41d579:g:IAEAAOSwzhVWsH2k

Hope this helps.

Edited by jeepster
More info remembered.