Polo BlueGT

georgiasykess

Recently I picked myself up the 2016, 1.4T, 150BHP, Polo BlueGT in the colour black. I'm new to this forum so I was just looking for some suggestions of subtle little modifications that I can make to both the interior and exterior of the car.

Might sound stupid but I am unsure how to upload images as the 'max total size' is 2MB so please check out my Instagram for photographs of the new ride. ////LINK>>>https://www.instagram.com/gsykk/

Additions so far: 

/Air filter and breather

/Wind deflectors

/Mud flaps (on order)

So many plans but I've only had the car for under a month so any feedback would be appriciated, such as interior and exterior LEDs/HIDs and where to buy. I'm also wondering as to if I can buy wing badges with the word GT in blue like you can with the GTI ones? I'm finding it so difficult to find GT specific items anywhere.

Thanks in advance, G :)

• Like 1

Hi @georgiasykess

Welcome to the site! Sorry you're having issues with uploading images, a great place to upload to and store (always great as a backup) is to places like: FlickR or Photobucket. If you're on desktop PC you can also login to Insta and copy the direct links to your images and just paste the link here and they will show as pictures. Or, copy the pictures (right click save as) to your computer and upload them. As they will be a smaller size you won't have issues uploading.

He is a small guide

For the badges, you could find the new style GT badge (eBay?) and stick them on, should be loads of examples on there to buy from. 

Hopefully you'll join us for The Polo Social and Track Days too!

4 hours ago, georgiasykess said:

So many plans but I've only had the car for under a month so any feedback would be appriciated, such as interior and exterior LEDs/HIDs and where to buy. I'm also wondering as to if I can buy wing badges with the word GT in blue like you can with the GTI ones? I'm finding it so difficult to find GT specific items anywhere.

Thanks in advance, G :)

eBay or Amazon for the interior lights, just double check what you have already and match them up with what you find online, remember to add the model of your car too to make it easy to find stuff. Always check comparability!

Example for the 6C model of polo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-6C-Premium-Led-Interior-White-Error-Free-8-SMD-Bulbs-/282124821948

Welcome to the forum! :D I've got a black GTI and I've tinted the rear window to 95% tint which look really good! :D 

On 4 March 2017 at 22:43, Dean said:

eBay or Amazon for the interior lights, just double check what you have already and match them up with what you find online, remember to add the model of your car too to make it easy to find stuff. Always check comparability!

Example for the 6C model of polo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-6C-Premium-Led-Interior-White-Error-Free-8-SMD-Bulbs-/282124821948

I've seen that exact post on eBay haha, just the delivery time thats very off putting. I get a little impatient when it comes to upgrade want everything then and there haha! Just ordered some white LED DRL's and some mud flaps and its like waiting for Christmas...

• Like 1

On 6 March 2017 at 08:52, NickHardcastle said:

Welcome to the forum! :D I've got a black GTI and I've tinted the rear window to 95% tint which look really good! :D 

I'll be sure to take a look at your thread see how it looks, how much did you pay roughly?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, georgiasykess said:

I'll be sure to take a look at your thread see how it looks, how much did you pay roughly?

Think it was about £80 for the three rear windows

On 8 March 2017 at 14:14, NickHardcastle said:

Think it was about £80 for the three rear windows

Yeah sounds about right to me, cheers :)

Little update:

Last weekend I removed the 'POLO' and the 'Blue Motion' badge from the boot of the car, smoothing it out quite nicely making the car look much cleaner leaving just the GT badge.

Booked today off work today so that me and the team could prep for UD. Ordered LED DRL's and Mud flaps a few days back but only managed time to fit the mud flaps. Cleaned the car with snow foam(AutoGlym),  polish(Obsessive Detail) and fallout remover (Autofinesse) and he scrubs up quite nicely.. even though my car won't be heading down to Ultimate Dubs.

-G

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Todays new little additions update... Managed to get someone to squeeze in some time for me to stop by for my windows tinting to 50% (limo tint), subtle little things making the car look much better. Also repping a Polo 6R/6C OC sticker on the side window.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

• Like 1

Couple of additions to Pablo since I last posted... a matte black sun strip and a pair of gel plates I purchased at UD. Also managed to get some cool shots taken over in Halifax at the weekend. I'll post a few below but theres more on my Instagram @gsykk 

Thanks for scrolling :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by georgiasykess
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...