vwsportsman

hi all i've decided against the 1.8 20v

i currently drive a 2003 TDI lupo but i want more power for that so im going to do a engine swap on that (probably 1.9 pd)

just after some advice as i want to get my polo out again and it needs a new engine so i thought why dont  i just use the engine ive got and put my tdi lump in the polo

has anyone had any experience? 

any tips?

thanks 

Yeti

Pretty much a none starter for all the same reasons, it's too tall being the major issue. 

I spent quite a bit of time going round a 1.4TDI with a tape measure trying to figure out getting it in a mk2, and it really wasn't going to work.  Best bet for my money would be go with something light and revvy, it suits the characteristics of the car far better. The one I keep going back to when I think what I'd do if I had the time and money is a big bike engine. 

The 1.9 PD in a lupo has been done a few times, and there's some decent builds out there, but the amount of work required is significant. 

vwsportsman

I'm thinking a bike engine is probably the way to go but I wanted to avoid that I'm not really sure why as it's a good idea but I wanted something different and I've fell in love with my tdi but the gains for that engine in a heavy lupo aren't great 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• damunk
      By damunk
          VW POLO 1.4 16V AFH PISTONS   Comes in original box/packaging
    • confusionhunter
      By confusionhunter
      Polo Tdi ecu from 1.4 2001 polo. Ideal for remote remapping etc. 
      £30 delivered. 
    • Burnzy_93
      By Burnzy_93
      Volkswagen Polo GTI - Unmodified

2000 Plate 

77,417 Miles

Full Service History

MOT - 04.07.2018

Climatronic climate control

Factory HID Headlights

Remote Central Locking

Electric Windows

Full Documents with 2X Keys 1X Emergency Key

New genuine alternator and aux belt

New battery

Last oil and filter change with genuine parts - 11.11.2017

The car has a couple of small scuffs but overall in very good condition for its year, it has become a very rare and sought after model.

Very good on fuel and easy to insure.

The car is listed on the logbook as "Damaged, Uneconomical to Repair", this was due to an incompetent van driver who reversed into the door causing very minor but noticeable dents. The door and wing have since been replaced; I can provide photographic proof of this.

The only known fault on this car is the air re-circulation flap on the heater box clicks sometimes, i have been assured this is the motor that needs replacing which i will provide with the car,this does not affect the functionality whatsoever.

£1800 ONO
    • Oğuzhan
      By Oğuzhan
      Hi,
      i know that this question has been asked for dozen of times. I have bought a plug n play remote keyless entry adapter for my polo 6n2. I have Installed it with the plug n play cable within 5 minutes and it works without any problems but there is still something missing which is actually very important for me. I want my indicator lights to flash when i close or open the doors. As per the information I get from the people on the internet, I need to connect brown cables to the rear left and right lights. But as far as i see, there is a bulk of cables which goes to the real bulb holder card (cluster) both on the right and left side of the trunk. 

Now the piece of information i have found on the internet states that I need to connect one of the brown cables to the black and white cables on the left side and to the green and black wires on the right side. Actually i don't know how to do this as I was not able to find any pictures about it. I am afraid that I might cut those wires. Are there any options without cutting and soldering those wires? Also from one of the forums I have seen that you can connect the brown cables directly to the blink socket of the rear bulb cluster. But I guess this is not valid for vw polo 6n2 because  I can see 3 different kinds of sockets which one of them with 2 legs and the other two are with 3 and 5 legs. 

Anyway any help any diagram for the indicator lights setup would be really helpful for me.  I appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance...