Sign in to follow this  
AmboGraeme

Mk2f sunroof problem

AmboGraeme

Hi everyone, got a sunroof problem where it will not close fully. It winds open and closed without any difficulty or stiffness in the winder, but one corner does not "pop-up" and seal properly - the other does though. It is a factory fitted sunroof that slides back under the roof skin.

I have tried -

Removing the wind deflector - no difference.

Swapping over the small metal strip on each side that is angled-up (if you have one you'll know which part I mean) - again, no difference.

If I push up from inside it will go where it needs to be but keeps dropping down.

Any ideas? Nice and dry for now but need it sorting before the rain comes next.

AmboGraeme

IMAG1191.jpg

steveo3002

loosen it , and with the handle in the closed position shove the corners where you want them and nip up the screws

AmboGraeme

When you say loosen it, any chance you can be a bit more specific?

I guess I'm going to have to strip out the roof lining to get better access?

steveo3002

loosen it , and with the handle in the closed position shove the corners where you want them and nip up the screws

steveo3002

open the roof 6 inches , get your fingers under the trim and pull down , once its unclipped push the lining back into the roof and close the roof

you will see screws in each corner that hold it on- same as a mk2 golf i can photo the manual later if u want

AmboGraeme

That would be great if you could. Got a manic evening lined up so won't be looking at it until the morning..

steveo3002

pm me your mobile and i can whatsapp some pics over later

schneil
On 10/05/2017 at 17:20, steveo3002 said:

pm me your mobile and i can whatsapp some pics over later

Hello Stevo.  You couldn't send me the pages on the sunroof as well could you?  thanks in advance

steveo3002

yeah fine...message me your mobile number

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this