Sign in to follow this  
AmboGraeme

Mk2f sunroof problem

AmboGraeme

Hi everyone, got a sunroof problem where it will not close fully. It winds open and closed without any difficulty or stiffness in the winder, but one corner does not "pop-up" and seal properly - the other does though. It is a factory fitted sunroof that slides back under the roof skin.

I have tried -

Removing the wind deflector - no difference.

Swapping over the small metal strip on each side that is angled-up (if you have one you'll know which part I mean) - again, no difference.

If I push up from inside it will go where it needs to be but keeps dropping down.

Any ideas? Nice and dry for now but need it sorting before the rain comes next.

AmboGraeme

IMAG1191.jpg

steveo3002

loosen it , and with the handle in the closed position shove the corners where you want them and nip up the screws

AmboGraeme

When you say loosen it, any chance you can be a bit more specific?

I guess I'm going to have to strip out the roof lining to get better access?

steveo3002

loosen it , and with the handle in the closed position shove the corners where you want them and nip up the screws

steveo3002

open the roof 6 inches , get your fingers under the trim and pull down , once its unclipped push the lining back into the roof and close the roof

you will see screws in each corner that hold it on- same as a mk2 golf i can photo the manual later if u want

AmboGraeme

That would be great if you could. Got a manic evening lined up so won't be looking at it until the morning..

steveo3002

pm me your mobile and i can whatsapp some pics over later

schneil
On 10/05/2017 at 17:20, steveo3002 said:

pm me your mobile and i can whatsapp some pics over later

Hello Stevo.  You couldn't send me the pages on the sunroof as well could you?  thanks in advance

steveo3002

yeah fine...message me your mobile number

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• GatisGirdenis
      By GatisGirdenis
      Hello,

So I'm swapping an ABU engine (1.6 from mk3 golf) in my polo and I came to the point where my starter from a 1.05 doesn't fit as the back of the block is flat on it, compared to the 1.6 which has rib-like bumps, for the crank I assume.

I'm using the stock 1.05 clutch and gearbox for the time being and I need some certain points to which starter I should look for?

Also any point outs for the throttle cable? As it seems to supposed to be swinging around from the front, instead from the back (the solid brackets are in different places)

This might've been covered, but I'm in a bigtime rush, so as far as I've looked, cannot seem to find any CERTAIN info on it.
    • Eskey
      By Eskey
      Greetings to all, my name is Oleg, I am from Russia.
        In our country, second-generation polos are not very popular due to the small number of such cars, and so I decided to look for communities outside my own country.
         And so about my baby:
         1992 release, engine AAV, coupe, well, or a hatchback, 4-speed gearbox.
       I bought it in 2013, it has a lot that worked badly, there was a lot of putty on the body, but I was happy to move from car with carburetor on car with injector, I was most attracted by the work of the engine, it worked like a clock even at an air temperature of -30°C, and I was not scared by the puffed putty on the body.
      First of all, the technical part was brought to an acceptable condition and it became my daily car.
      Here is a photo of how it looked after the purchase:

It looks pretty good on the back, but the front look was not as whole as I thought...
      As it turned out - this body was in an accident, there was a head-on collision, and the left spar was curved, and the hood with front fenders needed to be replaced.
      Some time later, I managed to find the front fenders and hood in excellent condition.
      I don’t have a photo with an old hood, but there is a photo with old fenders and a new hood:

Then I replaced the front fenders, and also installed the missing part of the front panel:
      The grille was also replaced:

For comparison, posted a photo as it was and as it became:

At that time I was very pleased with my work, however - it was 2013.
      He lived with me in this config until 2015, then I had an accident, because of the lack of a bumper amplifier, all my work was destroyed.

After that, I ordered new body parts: bumper, bumper amplifier, front panel and grille with headlights.

I decided to complete the work before the new year (it was in December)

Here I got to the front panel:

Instead of a normal amp bumper was bolted unknown origin design. All of this has naturally been removed from the body: 
      All new parts were installed in place without difficulty.
      I don't know how you call the front panel, but we call it TV:

And everything is in order...

I will continue the next days, see you soon!

• 1vw2many
      By 1vw2many
      In need of mk2f rear hand brake bracket not the big one but the small square one on drivers side rear. 
    • squareback89
      By squareback89
      I am back in the market for a polo after about 5 years. Looking for a reliable daily driver with >6 months MOT - sub £1000(wow have these things gone up in price?!), the standarder the better!

Based in the south east so let me know if you know of anything for sale in the area :)
    • powey85
      By powey85
      For sale is my 1993 mk2f, the interior is completely genuine apart from an mp3 head unit, it is in great condition. It has 13 inch starmag alloys, they are not perfect but they are not in need of a refurb. The engine is a 1.3GT on twin gsx600 bike carbs, the gearbox is from the GT as well. The body work is in fair condition, no major rust and I've recently welded the inner and outer sills and the rear wheel arch. I've got a few spares to go with it. Just been through an MOT with no advisories, fully polybushed front end with powerflex bushes. Any questions feel free to ask. Open to offers.

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines