Sign in to follow this  
katemelita

Left Indicator Flickers

katemelita

My left indicator is doing this strange thing every now and again and it's super irritating while I'm driving, it doesn't do it when indicating right but only does it on left :unknw: When it does do it the indicator doesn't even come on, I've looked in the steering column and wiggled some wires about which seems to fix it for a short period of time and then it just does it again. Starting to think it's the actual switch but not sure, any help would be appreciated, thanks.:smile:

Snapchat-276793547_000.mp4

Yeti

I've had this before, and I can't for the life of me think what it was, but I've got a sneaky feeling it was the flasher unit/relay. 

Easiest way to check your stalks are working properly is to turn the car off, and put an indicator on to see if the parking lights are working ok (sidelight and tailight should light up that side). 

• Like 1

nige8021
14 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Easiest way to check your stalks are working properly is to turn the car off, and put an indicator on to see if the parking lights are working ok (sidelight and tailight should light up that side). 

The parking lights use different contacts in the switch, so won't prove the switch :(

If the hazards work on all lights ? then it's almost certainly the column switch

• Like 1

katemelita

All the lights are working when the hazards are on, thanks for the help I'll fiddle with it again tonight. Trying to get it sorted before my MOT tomorrow, if not I'm sure the MOT guys will look at it :smile: