Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

1990 Calyspo Green Polo Breadvan

Jim1500

Jim1500

Few more jobs ticked off. Got the bumpers and grille restriped, neighbour is a detailer so came over and sorted the interior for me, the carpet was horrendous, he did an amazing job. 

Also noticed the gap in the door seal............... possibly the source of the wet footwell!

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim1500

• bastibum

• UJA

• MartinB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And of it goes to get some metalwork done!!!

First pics back from metalwork  worse than I thought, it's way beyond economic sense, but had it since 1993. Have to see how the sums add up!

Progress 😁 pics not great, but it now has a floor again and you can no longer look through the battery tray!

Posted Images

bastibum

My breadvan has the same gap there in the door seal. I guess the rubber shrinks over time.....

I've never had wet floors because of it though

Jim1500
On 27/07/2020 at 17:27, bastibum said:

My breadvan has the same gap there in the door seal. I guess the rubber shrinks over time.....

I've never had wet floors because of it though

I'd a tear in the passenger one years ago and it seemed to let water in 🤔 

Few more wee jobs sorted yesterday, went to tackle the clocks, same issue with speedo cable, having to do it by feel, didn't want to waste the time I had fighting with it it so put everything back together to do again. Replaced the washer hose so that's working again, took out the top row of fuses and cleaned round them and the holder. Radio working again.......yeo!

Gave the trim another quick autoglym, front bumper is quite bad, hoping that doing this regularly will eventually bring it up.

IMG_0071.jpg

bastibum

Nice! Where did you get that vw-sticker for the side? Does it suggest you drive backwards? 😛

Jim1500
14 hours ago, bastibum said:

Nice! Where did you get that vw-sticker for the side? Does it suggest you drive backwards? 😛

I've had them on it since 1993, they came as a pair but I think both were the same (not sided) 

Jim1500

Threw new plugs and leads on lastnight, seems to have sorted the running issue so well chuffed with that!

Also got a set of wheel nut covers  😎