Sign in to follow this  
Jim1500

1990 Calyspo Green Polo Breadvan

Jim1500

We've had this since 1993 and I drove since passing my test in 1996. Been of the road and parked up for a good few years as I'd too many other VWs and didn't need it/couldn't justify having 5cars on the road!

Back in it's hayday when last on road in 2010/11

polo2.jpg

More recently!!!!!

polo1_zps5ipm9rca.png

Looks like it's just been back to blacked but had to scrub a load of green gunk of it, pumped up tyres too which helped!

•  

DSCF5637_zpssx1gxupv.jpg

DSCF5640_zpscxlvtatk.jpg

Can't decide whether it looks better with the black GTs and chrome embellisher or if I should do them silver.

Hopefully getting quote from bodyshop soon to sort ds rear arch, sill and usual battery tray!!!

Jim1500

Still not got near doing anything much to this at all with kids etc . At stage now where I need to find storage for it or get it away, was half contemplating selling on, but have had too long and would regret it, and chances are anyone who bought would break and not save it. Gets started up every once in a while and driven up and down the driveway, that's the height of it.

Photo1257.jpg

Jim1500

Finally a bit of progress and it's heading of shortly to get the metalwork sorted so hopefully get a proper build thread started soon showing actual progress!!

Has anyone used these panels?

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/volkswagen-polo-3-door-hatchback-1981-1990-mk2/rear-wheel-arch

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/volkswagen-polo-3-door-hatchback-1981-1990-mk2/battery-tray

Just wondering what the quality is like. I got bodycut of a battery tray but wondering if new metal be better.

Cheers 😊

Jim1500

New Heritage sill just arrived 😎 and have just ordered a new rear arch

Also emptied the boot of the spares for various cars lol...………………...progress!!

Jim1500

And of it goes to get some metalwork done!!!

Photo1508.jpg

Photo1509.jpg

• Like 1

UJA

Nice one, I love Calypso green, my first Coupe S was that colour. I look forward to seeing the progress.

Jim1500

Cheers dude, me too lol