Sign in to follow this  
CraigAnderson

Money no object 9N project

CraigAnderson

I bought a 9n polo in march that needed a new engine (AWY) so I did that and now the replacment engine(Also AWY) has just blew its head after its 3rd rebuild and so I would rather have some fun with fitting something bigger like a jet engine or a saturn 5 rocket but as they don't fit standard 02T gearbox I was thinking 1.6 8v or 20 8v from 1J golf. 

Am so far cost of car and engine and everything else am like £500 in the hole so rather than quit and buy something else I would rather stick something fun in it for long term as a daily runner. 

Yeti

Use what's there in the range already. 1.8T or 1.9TDI. 

CraigAnderson

But wheres the fun and doing what everyone else has done, V5 golf engine would sound funny in a 9N as would AAA Vr6 engine.

CraigAnderson
On 5/27/2017 at 10:12, dvderlm said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Ford-Mustang-GT-4-6-Modular-V8-Engine-Hot-Rod-V8-Engine-Mustang-V8/282122044078

finding all the ancillaries and converting to rear wheel drive will take loads of money. Will sound great.

Not been done before.

I like you're thinking but that's out my price range plus I hate ford's for me it have to be g.m's LS motors like LS3 :D 

dvderlm

Nice. I think an LS3 would need to be mid-mounted or you'd want some kind of periscope to see over it. Not so good as a daily runner. See page 1 of the fitment guide.

"User Note: The Chevrolet Performance Parts LS376/480 crate engine comes equipped with the LS Hot Cam and the LS376/525 comes with the LS ASA cam both of which are aggressive high performance camshafts that may cause slight surging below 2500 rpm under light load. This should be considered a normal functioning occurrence given the aggressive nature of these camshafts. This surging can be avoided by increasing either the rpm or throttle of the engine at the same given velocity."