Kirsty

Cruise control

Kirsty

Hi I have a polo 64 plate.

My polo has a multi-functiin steering wheel, I am looking into putting cruise control onto my car does anyone know if this is possible

Thanks

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

What engine do you have ?

If the 5 wires are not already installed, from the steering wheel electronics unit to the Onboard power supply unit, then they will need to be installed, If the wires are there, then it's probably a case of recoding the system with full VCDS to enable the cruise control

nige8021

Ok, it's definitely an option then, you just need to find out if the wiring is there. 

Kirsty

How would I find out about the wiring 

nige8021

Only way will be to get at the steering column electronics unit and see if there are wires in pins 26 White wire, 27 Blue/White wire, 28 Black/Yellow wire, 29 White wire, 30 Blue/Yellow wire, 31 Grey/Yellow wire. There already should be wires in pins 2 Orange/Brown wire & 3 Orange/Black wire.  I can't find a picture of the location of the unit.

Looking at the pictures for the multi-function steering wheel, it doesn't appear to have cruise control switches on it ? if that's the case it will be a replacement indicator stalk required as that is where VAG normally put the control switches for CCS

Kirsty

OKay thank you for your help and advice I will look into it 

nige8021
The following equipment-specific components are integrated into the steering column switch:
t Turn signal switch -E2-
t Headlight dipper and flasher switch -E4-
t Parking light switch -E19-
t Intermittent wiper switch -E22-
t Rear window wiper switch -E34-
t Intermittent wiper regulator -E38-
t CCS switch -E45-
t Cruise control system (CCS) SET button -E227-
  • Like 1