Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

memadjoe90

Hi people been looking for Exhaust valves for my AFH now struggleing to find any that are good enougth.

Been offerd BGA which i refuse to fit because of past experiances

Been sent AE belgium valves from euro was a miss matched set of 8 which were poor state and i dident want to risk fitting.

Been offerd some OSVAT VALVES from another firm but there isnt much on net about them and there made in italy. Im un sure wether i trust these due to the lack of info on net.

Idealy i wanted VAG ones but they are no longer made for VAG  and theres no stock anywhere in the group.

Forgotten o.e no.

but dimensions are

HeadDia 26mm

Stem length 97.20mm

Stem Dia, 6mm

IIRC

Advice would be greatly appriciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• memadjoe90

• damunk

• dvderlm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MS Motorservice says 97.3 long.   https://onlineshop.ms-motorservice.com/msi/MSICD?lang=E&page=showVEDetail&ksnr=331038&mprdktnr=4565156&stacklevel=6&hisdir=fwd part

jese. i've got a new set that i'm supposed to be putting on  . they were ebay ones bought from koratrade2013. This they came from Poland. I've chucked the package away. I think if the grooves at

valves are valves mate. How you going to get bad experience? Maybe the fitter?

New cotters needed too. Unless the cotters don't fit in the grooves properly and there is movement.

have you ebay'd?

memadjoe90

Had few people i know use aftermarket valves and had heads drop off where the two disimilar metals have been friction welded but not to a high enougth standard.   I have ordered some form germany they were listed on itlay ebay lol. Hopeing these are better quality.  Valves Are not just valves there are many different styles and manufactoring processes and materials used Aftermarket parts are Are often made of lesser quality meterials in a lower standard of manufacturing process. Id rather not risk my freshly rebuild engine with all new parts pistons bored out ect...  for some miss matched dodgy valves from unknown source And  valves have a high failure rate in a high reving engine with hotter combustion temps ect....

dvderlm

MS Motorservice says 97.3 long.

https://onlineshop.ms-motorservice.com/msi/MSICD?lang=E&page=showVEDetail&ksnr=331038&mprdktnr=4565156&stacklevel=6&hisdir=fwd

part number 331038

which is TRW part number also used for Seat Cordoba AFH and on eBay. 

036109611L

Edited by dvderlm
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, memadjoe90 said:

Had few people i know use aftermarket valves and had heads drop off where the two disimilar metals have been friction welded but not to a high enougth standard.   I have ordered some form germany they were listed on itlay ebay lol. Hopeing these are better quality.  Valves Are not just valves there are many different styles and manufactoring processes and materials used Aftermarket parts are Are often made of lesser quality meterials in a lower standard of manufacturing process. Id rather not risk my freshly rebuild engine with all new parts pistons bored out ect...  for some miss matched dodgy valves from unknown source And  valves have a high failure rate in a high reving engine with hotter combustion temps ect....

jese. i've got a new set that i'm supposed to be putting on  . they were ebay ones bought from koratrade2013. This they came from Poland. I've chucked the package away.

I think if the grooves at the top are not machined out the right size or is a fraction off. It can cause movement in the cotter. Maybe when the valves rise up against the seat, just being that fraction off causes strain at the weak point causing it to brake. I'm pretty sure I felt more movement with the cotters on this ebay one. I'm glad I saw this post. 

Got qouted $900 from Sinus valves from Israel. Perfomance valves made from high quality material and thinner on the stem as per original inlet valves.

Got qouted from gsvalves UK :

8 x Inlet @£38.27 each
8 x Exhaust @£38.27 each

plus VAT and P&P

if you had 16 off each (2 engine sets) the price does come down see below

8 x Inlet @£25.43 each
8 x Exhaust @£25.43 each

Usually the after market ones are 1mm bigger on the stem on the inlet size. The above companies make them fresh I believe.

• Like 1
memadjoe90
On 6/25/2017 at 17:42, damunk said:

jese. i've got a new set that i'm supposed to be putting on  . they were ebay ones bought from koratrade2013. This they came from Poland. I've chucked the package away.

I think if the grooves at the top are not machined out the right size or is a fraction off. It can cause movement in the cotter. Maybe when the valves rise up against the seat, just being that fraction off causes strain at the weak point causing it to brake. I'm pretty sure I felt more movement with the cotters on this ebay one. I'm glad I saw this post. 

Got qouted $900 from Sinus valves from Israel. Perfomance valves made from high quality material and thinner on the stem as per original inlet valves.

Got qouted from gsvalves UK :

8 x Inlet @£38.27 each
8 x Exhaust @£38.27 each

plus VAT and P&P

if you had 16 off each (2 engine sets) the price does come down see below

8 x Inlet @£25.43 each
8 x Exhaust @£25.43 each

Usually the after market ones are 1mm bigger on the stem on the inlet size. The above companies make them fresh I believe.

I spoke to GSvalves and got similar qoute or £10 more a valve for uprated ones, they custom make them and require a sample valve to work from and also have a lead time. Although they are probbly the best, i have cost to think about too and ive lots of other parts to buy.

I have ordered some from germany hoping they turn up and are ok.  Been told they are made by gunes or OsVat depending on stock i asked for a matching set.

should hopefully be ok they havent arrived yet  was around £70 all in for the 8x exhaust valves. My inlets are ok and can be saved its only exhaust the go anyway usually.

memadjoe90
On 6/25/2017 at 14:23, dvderlm said:

MS Motorservice says 97.3 long.

https://onlineshop.ms-motorservice.com/msi/MSICD?lang=E&page=showVEDetail&ksnr=331038&mprdktnr=4565156&stacklevel=6&hisdir=fwd

part number 331038

which is TRW part number also used for Seat Cordoba AFH and on eBay. 

036109611L

I also had a few people list that length strange as i messsured mine with quality vernia caliper and there definatly the sizes i posted. ones ive orderd also same size listed.    Might be slight variation on age or some thing

The exhaust valves maybe go more because of the heat transfer after combustion. You are probably right in the metal some company used and also the heat treatment process not being good enough.

Edited by damunk

8 x exhaust valve:
DIMENSIONS:
2 6.0 x 6.0 x 97.2

Think schrick from germany selling these at 34 euros each.

• 1 month later...
memadjoe90

Thread update I ordered a set of these, I requested  Osvat  as they seem to have a good reputation and i havent read any horror stories on this brand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auslassventil-Markenware-Seat-VW-1-4-i-16V-036109611L/291422315236?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They arrived quick and were verry well priced. packaging was Geat and the Valves look verry good quality  they all weigh same as orgonals and are true and correct dimensions.   Obviously they are no performance valve but I think they should be fine since it wont be a track whore.