Woolly

Changing instrument cluster on 1.2 9n

Woolly

53 Plate 1.2 9n

So I had a previous problem with my instrument cluster (LED's not working). I tried fixing it but like an idiot I forgot to disconnect the battery...

LED exploded and everything stopped working. No lights come on and the displays are blank, it won't start either. I've ordered a new cluster but just wondering if it will be a straight swap or if i'll have to get it coded?

Any help would be appreciated

nige8021

It will not be a straight swop, as the speedo is also the immobiliser unit, it will have to be re-coded to your ignition key transponder & matched to the engine ECU, however as you've damaged your unit you won't be able to read the PIN code of the original, so won't be able to re-code your replacement speedo to your key & match it to the ECU, to get around this you will need to buy a new transponder chip, get the PIN code of the replacement speedo, then with this you can then code the new transponder chip to the replacement speedo, with that done, you will need to match the new speedo to the ECU.  To do all of this you will need VagTacho to read the PIN code, and with this you then need full VCDS to re-code the new transponder & match the Immobiliser to the ECU. There is a guide with videos on the www.ross-tech.com site