Sign in to follow this  
babyanez

How much should I be expecting to pay for a harlequin?

babyanez

I have always wanted a harlequin as they are so different and rare! How much are they actually worth in good or poor condition? I have seen a couple for sale the last year and the prices vary greatly and they always seem to stay on ebay for quite away as if people aren't paying the money that is asked..?

Thanks in advance

-Shane

jonPDpolo

Overall you have to remember that's its still only a mk4 (6n) polo at heart, therefore I'd go off the price of a pretty clean 6n (around £1000-1200) which are getting harder to find and perhaps a little bit more for it being a harlequin.

That said, if there's any rust, anywhere, I wouldn't pay over £1k for it, no matter what it is, chasing the galloping tin worm across a 6n can be expensive...

babyanez
10 hours ago, jonPDpolo said:

Overall you have to remember that's its still only a mk4 (6n) polo at heart, therefore I'd go off the price of a pretty clean 6n (around £1000-1200) which are getting harder to find and perhaps a little bit more for it being a harlequin.

That said, if there's any rust, anywhere, I wouldn't pay over £1k for it, no matter what it is, chasing the galloping tin worm across a 6n can be expensive...

The guy want's a minimum of 3k for it.. I guess ill pass then :) thanks for the help :) It's just a totally standard one it's on ebay atm.

jonPDpolo
9 hours ago, babyanez said:

The guy want's a minimum of 3k for it.. I guess ill pass then :) thanks for the help :) It's just a totally standard one it's on ebay atm.

Oh that one; yeah tbh he's dreaming a bit with £3k, perhaps £2k at a push but like I said you have to remember that the standard car its based on isn't worth much...

I've just had this with the mk2 Scirocco I've just sold to get my G40, quite possibly a unicorn car with it being the only mk2 Scirocco that had a RE2000 8V conversion done to the engine by GTi Engineering in the early 90's (makes it very rare indeed).  When I came to sell it, I priced it the same as a decent k-jet car as despite the extra bits, its still only a Mk2 Scirocco which isn't worth that much and got told continuously I was selling it too cheap... 

babyanez
10 minutes ago, jonPDpolo said:

Oh that one; yeah tbh he's dreaming a bit with £3k, perhaps £2k at a push but like I said you have to remember that the standard car its based on isn't worth much...

I've just had this with the mk2 Scirocco I've just sold to get my G40, quite possibly a unicorn car with it being the only mk2 Scirocco that had a RE2000 8V conversion done to the engine by GTi Engineering in the early 90's (makes it very rare indeed).  When I came to sell it, I priced it the same as a decent k-jet car as despite the extra bits, its still only a Mk2 Scirocco which isn't worth that much and got told continuously I was selling it too cheap... 

A g40 sounds amazing :P but thank you for the input i think you saved me from a stupid mistake/investment! 

jonPDpolo
2 minutes ago, babyanez said:

A g40 sounds amazing :P but thank you for the input i think you saved me from a stupid mistake/investment! 

By all means don't be deterred from getting one, I helped Rob put his together (in a limited capacity but still helped) which is in the mk4 build threads (https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/347273-harlekin-rebuild-my-resto-mod-this-is-harleface/)  

The thing with the 6n's is that they're not likely to go up in value much as time progresses, if you were specifically looking for a polo to invest in, I'd be looking at mk3 G40's, mk1/2/3 saloons, mk1 polo or a very clean mk2 (there's a decent mars red one for sale on the FB group at the moment which could be a good shout)

kiran_182

When you look at what you can buy for 3k a 6n isnt a good deal regardless of paint

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this