My GTI in Blue!

andy-durning

Hello!

Having owned my GTI for about 7 months now, and this being my 5th (one was only for a couple of months!) Polo, i decided i shoud join Club Polo! (Long overdue!) 

After browsing all the threads of peoples builds and how they have personalised thier Polos I thought i would make my own and let people see my progress.. if they wish! 

So my GTI is in Blue Silk, its 5 door (my first ever 5 door! Wasn't sure at first when i saw it but before leaving the showroom it grew on me, and now i love it! and not having to get out for passengers is great!!) after test driving the Polo in manual, and the golf is DSG, i decided to go for DSG, i know its not everybodys cup of tea but i thinks it's great! 

My optional extras are:

• Panoramic sunroof.
  • Sport mode with DCC.
  • Parking pack with reversing camera.
  • Convinence pack (automatic everything).
  • Electric folding mirrors.
  • Car net with app connect.

So far i have done some very small changes (below) but i have a lot of plans!

• LED interior lights (and ive ordered some LED fog lights)
  • HEKO wind deflectors
  • Roof and tailgate wrapped black to match the sunroof surround.
  • Rear windows tinted limo black, and fronts to 30%

Some of my plans:

• REVO induction kit (the only one i can seem to find anywhere!) 
  • REVO Turbo muffler delete
  • Miltek Sports Cat-back exhaust system
  • Forge intercooler (may change my mind on the manufacturer before i buy!)
  • Stage two map
  • VWR Springs (20mm drop, designed to work alongside the DCC)
  • Eventually some Alloys, but i have expensive taste in wheels so that wont be for a while!

If anybody has any suggestions i would love to hear them! :)

Polo.thumb.jpg.243c108269aecef47489ec486be019a6.jpg

Here are some pictures of my 2nd Polo, the only other one i ever did any work to.. incase anyone is interested! 

597c8f14c443a_Poloold2.jpg.4f55019dd8c6b3ec78401f4202883721.jpg

597c8f1fc32a5_Poloold.jpg.ea392763b1642524fd4ae5402f57be40.jpg

Edited by andy-durning
  • Like 1

Great to see another 6C on the forums. While our forum has so much wealth of the older Polo's, we really want to start building up a base for the latest generation! So, welcome aboard :D

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Great to see another 6C on the forums. While our forum has so much wealth of the older Polo's, we really want to start building up a base for the latest generation! So, welcome aboard :D

Thanks!!

Yeah they aren't as common as the older models, but i'm starting to see more driving round so hopefully they will start joining up! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate! I love the colour, had'nt actually seen it on a car before it arrived, only the little piece of plastic they have in the show room, I was so pleased with it when it arrived!

Quick update, I have now fitted some CREE LED fog light bulbs and the difference is great, really brings it all together now they match the head lights! 

Few pics of during and after the install! - very easy to do btw unlike some of the older models where you have to take th bumper off!!

598b4073929fd_pololed.thumb.jpg.f4bc02c9e983aff2cd0655644f3a833a.jpg598b407d208b8_polodark.thumb.jpg.f9ec37e6b8dc75981326de209df1e3b8.jpg

Heading to VW festival in leeds this weekend so hoping to pick up some pressed plates, and anything else that catches my eye! Also hoping to pick up a decent detailing kit from Auto Finesse whilst I'm there!!

Come pay day in a week or so i will be getting the Revo induction kit & turbo muffler delete, hopefully will make the turbo more responsive & the engine noise a lot nicer! :D - I will let you know how that works out!

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Love the car, I think they look best in blue personally. 

Have you looked to see what you're wheels fetch? Some Rial Daytona's would look gorgeous on that car. The Daytona race may be too expensive but the regular Daytona (not split rim) is still great.

1 hour ago, 9n3Ben said:

Love the car, I think they look best in blue personally. 

Have you looked to see what you're wheels fetch? Some Rial Daytona's would look gorgeous on that car. The Daytona race may be too expensive but the regular Daytona (not split rim) is still great.

Thanks mate :) yeah I love the colour! 

I havent looked into wheels much as it will be one of the last things I change as they're so expensive, and tbh I like the ones on it for now, but will certainly take your advice and check out the Daytonas, nice one! ??

• 1 month later...

They look great in blue

Actually I think they look great in all the colours :smile:

would be interested to see it on lowered springs / know how it rides if you do get it done

most of the time mine's in normal mode as I find it too jiggly in sport unless I'm 'playing'

On 24/09/2017 at 23:54, griff said:

They look great in blue

Actually I think they look great in all the colours :smile:

would be interested to see it on lowered springs / know how it rides if you do get it done

most of the time mine's in normal mode as I find it too jiggly in sport unless I'm 'playing'

Yeah once I’ve got them fitted I’ll post some pictures and let you know how it rides, although I’ve just ordered all the bits and software to take it to stage two so that will be going on first :D 

i alos picked up some Recaros out of a VXR so if I can get them to fit I’ll be reupholstering them with the jacaro cloth so they look like the Golf GTI seats.. they’re the same seats so hopefully the rails from recaro to fit them into the polo will go straight on.. fingers crossed!

yeah i I leave it in normal mode most of the time unless I wanna have a play on my way home from work on the windy roads haha! I put it in sport mode on the motorway once & that felt horrid ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I haven't posted an update in a while, but a lot has changed since my last post! 

A couple of months ago I got the car mapped to stage 2 with a full Miltek sport cat-back system, Wagner intercooler & Revo induction kit with the turbo muffler delete. The car sounds and runs amazing, boasting about 260bhp now! 

I couldn't be happier with It! Although I may need to look at some bigger/wider wheels soon to keep the traction in the wet! And maybe some bigger breaks at some point, but there's no rush for that just yet! 

Unfortunately though the poor car was victim to a hit & run a while back, so I have a nasty dent on my passenger wing, so that needs sorting in the new year! Which has pushed back the fitting of my lowering springs and anti roll Bars that are sat in the garage :( as well as the Recaros I want to get reupholstered & fitted! 

But it should all look and drive amazing when it's all done so I have that to look forward to! 

I tried to upload some photos but it wouldn't work!