Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Lots of fault codes.

stormtrooper

I've just bought a Polo for my girlfriend after having a 6n. The engine even management light came on, on the way home from the garage. We took the car back and of course the light never came back. 

I borrowed a scanner from a friend and it came up with the following codes. Help with how to fix these would be much appreciated! 

Engine control module - 01314 : Check DTC Memory. 

Engine speed sensor (g28) - 16706 : No signal : P0322. 

Airbag deactivation warning lamp - passenger side : 01578. 

High pressure sensor (g65) - 00819 static signal too low. 

The not so bad sounding ones.. 

Loudspeaker (s) front - 00852 sporadic open circuit. 

Heated outside mirrors - 00920 : drivers side (z4) passenger side (z5) 

Supply voltage B+ - 00532 : signal too low

Radio - 01304 : 004 no signal/communication 

Supply voltage - terminal 30 - 00668 : signal too low. 

Power train data bus: missing message from a/c controller - p1635 : 18043

Heated rear window (z1) short circuit to positive : 00975 

Drive battery voltage - 01598

There's also a section for a 'readiness test' it failed on the following.. 

-Catalyst

-o2 sensor

-heated o2

-EGR system 

Obviously the top ones are the worst but would like to get rid of all/most of them. 

I just scanned my mk5 gti and no faults were found. ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stormtrooper

• nige8021

nige8021

I would first clear all of them and run the car for a week and then re-scan as those codes could of been there for a while, of the first ones the G28 is the one that probably put the EML on as that's the crankshaft position sensor, the passenger airbag, someone might of de-activated it at some point, the other one is for the A/C pressure sensor

stormtrooper

Thanks for the quick reply! Is the crankshaft sensor the one on top on the engine NOT the one on the back of the engine. Would Euro car parts have that so I can go get that today so the car doesn't die and limp home again. 

nige8021

What year/model did you buy ?

The G28 is the one down by the starter motor (petrol engine) the one on the camshaft cover is the G40 sensor, also Do not buy any sensor from ECP unless you want to replace it twice !! 

nige8021

For any sensor buy genuine ones from VW/TPS especially for critical ones 

nige8021

You will need to know the engine code and manual or autobox as they differ slightly, when you have the code have a look at this https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/2004-253/9/906-906000/#8   it lists both the crankshaft & camshaft sensors as #8 so be careful !! 

nige8021

A VW one is probably a Bosch one,  buy it from VW/TPS that way you will be getting one of a known quality

It might not even be the actual sensor, could be the wiring !

Personally I wouldn't go and buy anything until you've run the car for a week and then re-scanned to see what if anything is still current

stormtrooper

I cleared the faults and re scanned, the speed sensor came straight back with what felt like it was going to cut out again. 

The Bosch one comes with all wiring. 

419440700.jpg

nige8021

I mean it could be the wiring beyond the sensor connector, from that disconnect plug back to the ECU

stormtrooper

I can't find the bloody thing! Under the starter on the front of the engine Nige? I looked on YouTube it said under the intake manifold? Still can't see it anywhere! 

nige8021

The engine code should be on that white sticker on the cambelt cover, it'll be something like BBY, BBZ or look on the V5 logbook for the engine serial number it will start with three letters and that's the code

stormtrooper

That must be the wrong part.. There's no way that thing is on this car! I've looked everywhere in the bay. 

nige8021

599050d9c2134_G28sensorloc.thumb.JPG.421417145eb670f942c8777f4b0c120d.JPG

It will be on the intake side of the engine in the area by the joint between the engine and gearbox clutch housing

stormtrooper

It indeed was the wrong part.. Correct part fitted and the car has been fine so far. The fault hasn't come back. Thanks Nige! 

Now for the a/c controller.. Any ideas where this could be? 

nige8021

If you have the climatronic it's all part of the display unit,