Dave9n3

Photobucket P*sstake

Dave9n3    54
Dave9n3

Anyone else had the issue where your old images now don't show up on various forums due to Photobuckets 3rd party hosting thingymajig.

Seems very cheeky to have allowed 3rd party hosting on sites like this and then pull it and request money if you want to host them haha! minimum fee being 60 dollars a year, though you don't get that option when you first try to enable 3rd party hosting they show you a 400 dollar option. Very sly imo

steveo3002    355
steveo3002

yeah everyone that used it got the same....ruined no end of cool posts on forums etc

residentmelon    6
residentmelon

I know going through old build threads now don't work 

I think you have to change to fliker but such a ball ache all those photo's 

Have you seen how much it cost to upgrade the account to allow sharing something like $500 

Dave9n3    54
Dave9n3

Yeah such a pain. Move to flickr and i bet they will do the same before long hahaha

nige8021    855
nige8021

It is a serious Piss take, bordering on illegal, there must be millions of other forum sites that have been affected by this, To my way of thinking it's blackmail, pay us $400/year so you can share your photo's if not tough!! 

• Like 1

damunk    14
damunk

They have done a dirty. They will be raking in the money now but one day someone will shit on them and they would have deserved it.

Dave9n3    54
Dave9n3

Really starting to wind me up now haha! Every useful forum guide I seem to want to view has had the pictures removed. Hopefully some form of hacker group get them lol

Jake    169
Jake

Yeah nightmare !

I'm trying to get all my images downloaded from them although it keep failing.

They've told me it is an issue with the site. FFS!

937carrera    4
937carrera

It's my view that the download the album option has been deliberately made non functional - it used to work.

In an attempt to recreate my own history on sites I am going through manual editing of the image tags on various car forums, having moved the pictures to my own hosting account.

There is a bit of script work around which essentially downloads the photos from PB and uploads them to the site that was using the pics, but that depends on the site having the storage / bandwidth to deliver that service.

However, I cannot see how to edit old posts on this site, am I missing something, or is there a site wide option that can open the option up again ?

mk2olop    2
mk2olop

Photobucket and Pinterest have broke the internet..........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Dean
      By Dean
      This is a little guide for everyone, hopefully it will help out the new users to our forums.

Videos - Youtube
      To add a video from youtube to your post simlpy copy the URL on the desktop version and paste it in to the editor box and the system will automatically embed the video for you. If you're on a mobile/tablet, simply click the share link, select copy link and paste it in the editor box and it will auto embed. However you will also be asked if you wish to display the video as a link instead.

Insert URL Link:
      There are TWO METHODS that will allow you to insert an image into your post if the image has already been uploaded to a website and has a full URL that you can use.

The easiest by far is to simply copy the URL to the image that ends in either; .jpg/.png/.gif etc, and paste it in the content post box, press enter and the image will be displayed. EASY!

The second and long winded way is as follows:

File from URL:
      Using this method will allow you to INSERT an image url from a link into a forum post. (This might be the way for places like PhotoBucket, so keep that in mind)

Click the insert other media.

When the box appears click 'Insert Image from URL'.
      Another box will appear
      Once you are finished creating your post, click the Post Message button.

It's a similar process for 'Attachments'.

Using this method will allow you to upload an image from your computer into a forum post (known as an attachment).

You can either Drag files to attach, or choose files...

When the box appears simply browse your computer and select an image you wish to upload Once uploaded, you'll see the images you've uploaded below the posting box. Click the + to insert the image into your post.  
      Places to upload your images:

Imgur

PhotoBucket

Notice to Forum Members:
      ClubMembers
      Attachments and images storage - from (10mb) to (500mb).
      Uploads, from (2mb) per file to (5mb).

If you wish to have more space on your account, why not become a ClubMember and support the site! You'll get a nice warm fuzzy feeling too

Will be updated in due course.
    • Dean
      By Dean
      This is a little guide for everyone, hopefully it will help out the new users to our forums.

Videos - Youtube
      To add a video from youtube to your post simlpy copy the URL on the desktop version and paste it in to the editor box and the system will automatically embed the video for you. If you're on a mobile/tablet, simply click the share link, select copy link and paste it in the editor box and it will auto embed. However you will also be asked if you wish to display the video as a link instead.

Insert URL Link:
      There are TWO METHODS that will allow you to insert an image into your post if the image has already been uploaded to a website and has a full URL that you can use.

The easiest by far is to simply copy the URL to the image that ends in either; .jpg/.png/.gif etc, and paste it in the content post box, press enter and the image will be displayed. EASY!

The second and long winded way is as follows:

File from URL:
      Using this method will allow you to INSERT an image url from a link into a forum post. (This might be the way for places like PhotoBucket, so keep that in mind)

Click the insert other media.

When the box appears click 'Insert Image from URL'.
      Another box will appear
      Once you are finished creating your post, click the Post Message button.

It's a similar process for 'Attachments'.

Using this method will allow you to upload an image from your computer into a forum post (known as an attachment).

You can either Drag files to attach, or choose files...

When the box appears simply browse your computer and select an image you wish to upload Once uploaded, you'll see the images you've uploaded below the posting box. Click the + to insert the image into your post.  
      Places to upload your images:

Imgur

PhotoBucket

Notice to Forum Members:
      ClubMembers
      Attachments and images storage - from (10mb) to (500mb).
      Uploads, from (2mb) per file to (5mb).

If you wish to have more space on your account, why not become a ClubMember and support the site! You'll get a nice warm fuzzy feeling too

Will be updated in due course.