Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

9N Polo 1.9tdi Climatic A/C, Recirculation and heating not working

Hi, 

Recently redone the headgasket on my 1.9tdi AJM engine 2 months ago. Covered over 1500 miles since and now the heater has given up the ghost. 

pressing the a/c button or re-circulation button does nothing, also the air is blowing cold and changing the temp on the climatic dial does not change the temp.

When either the a/c or recirc button is pressed neither light up, the blower works on all four positions as does the position control. You cannot hear the a/c compressor kick in when the button for a/c is pressed, I have tried changing the fuses to no avail. Also the heater control knobs appear to be in working order.

I would be surprised if there is an air lock as it used to blow hot air prior to this issue and both heater matrix hoses are relatively hot to the touch. 

If anyone has the expertise to shed some light on this issue it would be much appreciated.

Tom.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomDUBS

• nige8021

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the climatic A/C system not the climatronic thus no LCD screen. Haven't had a chance to plug the Vagcom in yet but will report back if it throws any codes.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.