Sign in to follow this  
Greggyt

Lowering advice for a 6N 1.4 CL

Greggyt

Hi guys, new here so first off, hi!

I've recently bought a 6n and as much as I love it, I feel like it really needs to be lowered. I read the advice in the 'Rough Guide' on here but can't afford to go with anything more than lowering springs. Basically I am wondering firstly are they actually fine to drive on or will I feel a negative change in handling? Second, how low can I go on just lowering springs/what is advisable? I don't really want to slam it as I have to drive over some pretty mean speed bumps every day!

any pictures to give a rough example of how polo's look at any given height would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

sean-1989-mk2

dude springs are ok to get you low, but if you don't match damper rates to the spring it will be like a bucking bronco going down the road. i would say try and get hold of a set of second hand coilovers then you can choose the hight you want.